Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nah, I think its why PSH is really far from first team. Whatever opportunities Girona might have for young players will go to Man City kids instead.

They lured him with dreams of playing for Girona in order to help save their doomed and soon to be relegated Peralada team. Their best remedy for their team be destroyed by a kid who barely played last season was to go and buy that same kid.

2. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    side note, both lsw and paik are in fifa 18 for those that are going to get the game this week.

LSW - 69 OVR, 4 Star Moves, 3 Star Weak Foot
    67pace, 72dribble, 69shot, 19defense, 58pass, 50physical

Paik- 67 OVR, 3 Star Moves, 5 Star Weak Foot
    70pace, 69dribble, 60shot, 57defense, 62pass, 59physical

they both seem pretty bad but I'm still going to play with them once I get the game :D

I have no idea how Paik is a 5 star weak foot, Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez are 4 and Bale is 3.

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well, Lee grows to 78 and Paik to 77. I think depending how they develop (especially if Lee gets pt), a big increase in potential is possible. But as for now, they are considered just random talents, so I think it's fair as it is.

4. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I stopped buying FIFA the moment they omitted Korea from the game

5. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I mean there are full-fledged pros playing in top leagues that are rated somewhere in the middle, so I'd say that's a very fair rating (and growth potential) for two kids that have never played top-flight football.

6. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I've been downloading the PC demo every year since I only ever play once in a while when I get the itch. Best way to get the experience while not giving them any money lol.

7. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    they should put south korea and japan in the game, i mean they have countries like romania/india in the game but not those two?

8. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I do agree with you that Girona might be one of the worst teams in La Liga for a kid to try to come up from its academy simply because of the Man City connection.

But the more general macro point about getting a year of reserve team action starting every match, after making the bench time to time the year before, and this helping boost his chances of making a senior side, I think it stands. We've already discussed it a number of times, me and you, so we'll agree to disagree if anything :)

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    skimmilk repped this.
  10. fightingchuyoung

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just curious, this will honestly be the deciding factor for me whether to buy fifa 18 or not but will the South Korean National team be in fifa 18? South Korea used to be featured in all of FIFA until FIFA 15. Got removed for some reason ever since...

11. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    They're not in the game

12. fightingchuyoung

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is so dumb. Not buying FIFA 18 then. ugh.. Back to playing League and maplestory then..

13. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
  14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I heard it had to do with some license problems.

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Do you have all the facts? Are you positive their families did not immigrate to Spain & etc? Also, it is entirely possible they got all the possible legal issues worked out or.. are prepared because of Barca kids situation.

Btw, CD Roda is one of many affiliate club of Villlarreal. I don't have a clue if the "investigations" have extended to affiliate clubs of Villarreal ....

edit - Ahn JH doesn't have much to worry about as he will be 18 soon...

16. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Ben Lederman's family moved and everything but they still kicked him out till he got his polish passport. I don't think you're safe even if you follow their own rules it seems...

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So, how do you explain this kid playing for Real Madrid?

Real Madrid were also investigated..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/30997809

18. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    There are tons of youngsters from outside the EU still playing at basically every club, it's a disgrace I get it. But Fifa brought the hammer down even when player's parents moved, you really think that if all it took was for a kid's family to move then they wouldn't all do that? Barcelona could easily have one of their sponsors or surrounding companies in the area create a delivery/marketing/sales job and have them stay if it was like that.

There are kids from all over Africa in basically every academy, it's not like people can't see these things.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why is this a disgrace? Are you positive they all broke the rules? Are you ignoring they could be migrants or refugees (from my understanding, most fall under this category)?

20. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    It's impossible to debate with you, if I give you an example you will say something like that's just one person, or you can't know for sure what their situation is. Of course I can't know for sure, and neither can you.

We already know one person, LKI is under age, has been playing for a while. Didn't take members on this board that much time to monitor his progress at various tournaments.

Also I just told you Ben Lederman's entire family moved to Barcelona from the beginning but Fifa didn't care, it wasn't until he got his Polish passport that they let him back.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Probably because you give "one example", focus on it, assume.. and generalize the whole issue. As for Ben Lederman, yes.. I know all about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/s...asia-a-rare-us-child-soccer-star.html?mcubz=0

one of the rules.. even if the whole family moved.

• the player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for non-footballing reasons

22. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I read that same article, that's why I said his parents moved. You can read all about the exploitation of African footballers from former francophone Africa with fake passports/shady agents/clubs.

Also between the Cotonou agreement and the lineage passport rules (Americas) guess football is looking like a closed shop to Asia.

The opportunities our players that leave 18+ are getting has to improve or we have to improve the domestic game to where it doesn't matter what Europe does.

But a lot of posters still hold a candle to europe and want their acceptance, we need to change this mindset.

nmssis repped this.
  23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Umm, okay.. so you debated this whole time without knowing the rules & mostly based on assumptions for your narrative. :rolleyes:

24. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    You decided to pick only a part of my statement once again. You read the part of LKI and decided to ignore it to got your agenda. I doubt any posters on here would bet on his parents having emigrated there with non footballing reasons. :)

All I'm saying is that the path of being a talented teenager in SK and getting scouted at 13-16 and then being enrolled at a German/Spanish academy looks to be closing.

Even those at the very top clubs like mourinho question Eto'o's age, South American footballers like Falcao are controlled by third party companies.

Not to mention huge amounts of third world immigration into Europe from which some players will emerge then later choose to play for their parents country (like French born Algerians/Africans). Middle eastern countries giving citizenship to SA/Africans for their teams.

I don't need to be told about rule 8 section whatever about how FIFA is on it and the playing field is level. I'm looking at the net result for Korean and Asian football and it looks like we are going to have it harder, fair or not, it doesn't matter. If the dream of being talented and getting recruited at teenage years is over then we better adjust the domestic situation or we'll be stagnated for perpetuity.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #3150 takeuchi, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    No, my initial question was about Jae Woo of CD Roda (of which, it isn't technically being investigated atm as far as I'm concerned). You.. on the other hand, decided to add/attach whatever you wanted for your narrative.. such as this comment where you are clearly wrong (example you brought to state the Korean kids are just doomed even if they followed the rules or paperworks possibly all worked out).

Again, all assumptions. It is possible for Lee KI & others got their paperworks all worked out like Takuhiro Nakai (imo, his case is very similar to Lee KI.. who joined Real Madrid after receiving stardom in Japanese show) as well.