Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    hopefully lee and kean joining verona on loan is a sign that they are willing to bet on young players, and will get a proper shot at playing.. apparently iturbe joined verona when he was 20-21 after struggling at porto and scored 8 goals that season.. then was sold to rome for over 20million euro..

2. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Hey guys, yesterday Juvenil A started the league with a 1-1 draw vs Torre Levante, typical game that the ball doesn't want to go in, disappointed result but at least only one team won his game, so almost the entire league has 1 point lol

Kangin gave his 1st assist of the season in a corner kick, very well executed, seeing the highlights he played quite well and having a couple of chances.

Assist 3:05

3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Lee was sold, not loaned. He has a buyback clause tho.

4. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    i meant kean was loaned. i see what i did there, thanks for clarifying

5. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any news from baek seung ho?

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Juvenil A won this weekend 1-2 vs Kelme, rough team and bad pitch so very good 3 points to recover for the draw of the last week.

Kangin played 88 minutes and scored his 1st official goal in a penalty.

Goal 4:44

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Save us 오비 완 강인이, you're our only hope.

aeh1991, Seol Korea, Hodori and 5 others repped this.
  9. Goguryeo

Goguryeo Member

Sep 3, 2015
  10. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Lee Kangin is the only reason left to support KNT.

11. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Well, as you know Juvenil A won 3-0 with Kangin's hattrick; good to see him appearing inside the area, last year he played farther back organizing the game, he is now the goalscorer of the league and the team is at the top for the first time in 2 seasons I think, so good start.

Saturday they play vs Atletico Madrileño which are like Atletico's Madrid 2nd Juvenil A, so tough game.

And this week it was reported in a local newspaper some news about Kangin's contract renewal, basically they said that by contract he will play at Valencia B next season, and if he plays a X number of games his contract will be renewed automatically 1 more year (2019 ->2020). VCF proposed a longer contract but the player asked for a short contract linked with sports conditions, that he didn't ask for more money but for a sports investment.

Also that his buyout clause right now is more than 10m€ and will increase when he goes up to the 2nd team, they say that the buyout clause is not very high for the rich teams but that Kangin gave his word to the club that he will stay if the club keeps betting for him.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sons of Thunder, seolseol and killaorca repped this.
  13. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    seolseol and aeh1991 repped this.
  14. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    This news little sense. Because FIFA didn't raise the issue with LKI when they did with LSW, I thought that LKI had met the requirements under Article 21.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if they do the same to LKI as they did to the two barca kids, learn the lesson and move early

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  16. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    You mean move back to Korea early if they get indicted? You realize they won't be able to move to another club in EU right?

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, what's his other alternative?

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They didn't investigate every club simultaneously. They've been doing various clubs at arbitrary times, I assume going biggest first to scare away smaller guys. Chelsea is going through second time around now.

nmssis repped this.
  19. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    While you may be right, this notion that there has to be some sort of an investigation is a bit silly. What is there to investigate really? Its not like the clubs are hiding their non Euro youths. Its not like everyone doesn't know how old the kids are. Its not like the requirements are not spelled out exactly in Article 21. So this so called investigation would consists of calling the clubs and asking for paperwork for the player. And if FIFA has been doing random, selective "investigation" as they did with Barca, it makes no sense for clubs like Valencia to openly flaunt their violation via LKI.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just hoping this takes a really long time. He's turning 17 early next year...hopefully missing a few months won't be a big deal.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I'd imagine investigation isn't just about simple paperwork of youth players but of the background of the parents & so forth. Also, it gets complicated because of this..

http://en.valenciacf.com/ver/37072/...ng-promising-chinese-talents-to-valencia.html

I'm all for FIFA "investigating" & enforcing the law they neglected for years. My only issue.. why punish the kids when they did nothing wrong imo..

22. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Someone should challenge the validity of the FIFA regulation as it punishes the kids. The regulation is meant to protect kids no?

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yes, by directly punishing the kids.

24. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just read a pretty good article on Girona from BBC, and a discussion of how Pep and Spain in general view reserve teams in the grand scheme of things in Spanish youth football development.

I see PSH has played in all 4 of Girona B/Peralada's matches since he's joined, but I also see that they are not doing very good at all. Well, we know he's joining the 1st team next season anyways, but this season will be good for him still. Hope he's playing well, maybe I'll try google translating an article or two or even try to find a stream or something like that during the season. Anybody know how to watch Segunda B? Lol.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41348471

nmssis repped this.