Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    To Dijon FCO would be a great experience for him :sneaky:

Joke aside, better the ligue 1 than where is now.

2. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Should leave asap, won't guarantee anything even if he does though. Look at Hachim Mastour and Martin Odegaard..hardly lighting it up. There's a chance LSW could become nothing, first the very real problem of his size. He falls over at the slightest of touch. First team football is all about pressing and closing down, he doesn't stand a chance. At 19, he's done growing too...

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Odergaard did get a quite decent playing time in the Eredivisie, i thnik LSW should do the same.

4. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Erdivisie or Germany would be best

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    And what happened to Jang Geol Hee? He was the third Barca kid. Suprised to not see him in current u20 squad.

6. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    I hope so dude, LSW seems like an ego maniac. In one of the interviews someone mentioned that he was being scouted by the EPL. I bet LSW feels that he wants to go to a big club to not hurt his ego. He's been a celebrity since he was young and acts like he plays for the Barca 1st team, not the academy.

As a baseball fan as well one of the things I like is young players understand is that playing for the minor leagues for the Yankees means nothing. It's better to play for a bad team in the beginning to maximize your chances of playing time. If your good enough you'll get the move your talent deserves.

Kevin De Bruyne was called a bust, then moved to Bund. and got a huge transfer to City. Lukaku was nothing at Chels. then moved to Everton. Alexis Sanchez went from Udinese to Barca. LSW can't go to Everton or EPL because he'll get rolled over because he's 110 lbs.

I hope he doesn't go the way of Ryo Miyaichi - Arsenal to Dutch League to 2nd league Bund.
    Or how about Josh Mceachran/Jack Wilshere. Maybe even Mastour/Odegaard.

I hope young players understand signing for Barca/Chelsea/Real at teenage years is a BLACK hole. Almost one of the dumbest things you could do. The big clubs need to win now so they need to buy the finished product aged 22-26.

12th Player repped this.
  7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    seeing that a guardiola is his agent, could we possibly see LSW move back to barca if he puts in solid seasons? i'd cream my pants to have a korean attacking threat on team like barca.

killaorca repped this.
  8. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    No chance, he'd have to develop into one of the top 10 forwards in the world for that to happen. Barcelona/Real Madrid only sign those players. Christian Tello, Isaac Cuenca, Deulofeu, Bojan were all supposed to be the next big thing. Playing in the academy means nothing, today's Barca's recruitment extends to the entire world. La Masia is nothing more than a marketable tool for their brand at this point.

Big teams will only bring through defensive players. Look at RM, Bar, Bay, Juv. All the players that play for their corresponding NT or academy are usually defenders. Clubs will buy the best attackers from around the world.

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    wrong, wrong, and i don't get your point on Sanchez.

Saba Risto repped this.
  10. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Not sure what your saying. KDB/Lukaku couldn't get playing time at Chelsea, then moved on to "smaller" clubs, and became worth much more b/c they're playing everyday. Lukaku could make move this summer, had he stayed at Chelsea and went on loan after loan his situation could be very different. KDB leaving was a good decision. Eventually went to City when he was stuck behind Schurrle/Willian/Oscar and is now a better player than those three.

Sanchez example is saying if your good, the top clubs will find you. He developed in a mid team and made the jump to Barca in his low twenties. 16-22 is crucial for a player, it's better to play in a mid side (like Werder, Udinesse) and then if at low twenties your good enough to play for Barca/Real/Bayern, transfer as a "ready to go tomorrow" product.

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    KDB wasn't a bust before he moved to Bundesliga. KdB stayed with Genk & immediately was loaned out to Werder. After his impressive showing w/ Werder, he fell out with Mourinho and pushed for a move to Wolfsburg. I don't think at any stage he was considered a bust by Chelsea.

Lukaku.. again, I don't think he was ever a "nothing" as you stated. He was already scoring goals for fun w/ West Brom on loan before he joined Everton. Again, has a lot to do with him falling out with Mourinho I believe & his awful 1st touch that won't improve.

Sure, Sanchez is a great example to prove you point. However, there are also players like Mueller of Bayern Munich or Messi himself at Barcelona. If the kid is good enough, he can rise to the top even without moving to lesser league or club.

Saba Risto repped this.
  12. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    No debut for him until he plays for a pro side, even in the second division.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    They are openly asking him to leave...and he should.

16. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Yea, it's a tough business. He should embrace this and NOT be discouraged. If he plays for even a mid level team in Bund or possible Dutch league he will probably make it to 2018 Russia. If he impresses there he will surely get the move he desires at age 20.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Agreed

18. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    barcelona b lost the tie and have to finish top 2 in this tournament if they want to be promoted to second division: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Segunda_División_B_play-offs#Second_round

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

killaorca repped this.
  20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they lost 0-2 in finals. The finals were on 30 minutes after conclusion of semis which seems bonkers albeit with 60 minute matches. AJH didn't start the finals.

killaorca repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    How old is he again? I wonder why he isn't part of our youth team. Also why hasn't he join Villarreal yet?

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess since not good enough to be with Villareal, no chance he's good enough for our youth team lol.

Its Juv A so he's gotta be 17 or 18 at this point right?

killaorca repped this.
  23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think @killaorca may be mistaken cos a lot of the Korean media has wrongly reported that Villarreal Juvenil A = CD Roda Juvenil A.

For clarification, CD Roda is a completely separate amateur team. From my understanding Villarreal has helped out CD Roda in developing their own youth team, but that's it. Villarreal has their own Juvenil A.

He's 17 atm.

killaorca repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I thought roda was their farm team and they get their shitty players...

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I believe its a far closer relationship than you suggest (and has been confirmed by the spanish fella who posts here). Thats why Roda kids wore Villareal kits to that tournament which their Juv A couldn't attend. I believe its a way for Villareal to have two teams at the top level rather than forcing their second team to play a level below.

Googling, he turns 18 at end of July.

killaorca and zdrstvte repped this.