Korean Women's National Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Jun 4, 2012.

1. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    #1551 aguy2die4, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Wow.

a) Korean media appears not too bothered about the WWC.
    b) The media simply parrots the inane platitudes/excuses offered by KFA's Kim Pangon and the manager Yoonfckingdukyeo.
    c) Platitudes and excuses include, inter alia, European women's football are developing at much faster rate leaving Korea far behind as proven by the results, Korea has reached it limits given the current minimal infrastructure, Kim Pangon saying we should try to arrange more A matches for the womens team....
    d) The stupid/disinterested media just laps it up without question, these blatantly sorry ass excuses....did they not watch the Norway match? Fcking hell, Korea was dominating and you could clearly see, had the right preparation, team selection and strategy been deployed, Korea Women would have reached the final 16. Instead they write headlines like "면목없다 동생들아, 여자 축구 초라한 퇴장" with no real analysis.
    e) Basically the media is saying its the players fault for being so sh*t and losing all three games and the KFA nor the manager have any responsibility for the losses since it was inevitable given how European football is much better....wtf?

this pisses me off no end.

i worry that given no media/public criticism or pressure there will be no changes made. no lessons learnt. just stay the course and protect personal interests.

Essex, chook90 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  2. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    #1552 aguy2die4, Jun 18, 2019
    so i heard somewhere Thailand has only a 1000 registered female footballers explaining their 13 - 0 loss to USA. I dont know if this is across all age groups or just at adult level.

Guess how many Korea has? 1539 (highlight to read after guessing) across ALL age groups ie. junior school, senior school, university and adult level.

fcking amazing how good our Womens NT are given the above.

but this minuscule playing pool/infrastructure does not excuse the KFA nor the manager. We had quality players to do much better DESPITE the fcking minuscule playing pool/infrastructure, and yet we piss on these players and blame them.

coated, Essex, sac517 and 2 others repped this.
  3. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That was my fear. Don't think the general media knows enough or cares and the English language media covering Korean footy doesn't have the reach or impact given it's in English.

coated and chook90 repped this.
  4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's really further indictment of the KFA for not cultivating grass roots women's soccer. 10 years ago France was a minnow, but they had a solid grass roots program and the number of registered players exploded. Today France is a global power.

So-hyun told me that when she was coming up, there was nowhere for girls to play except boys teams until high school. Now, there's a small handful of elementary schools with good girls programs but there's no clubs, no academies, etc like you'll find in other countries.

coated and chook90 repped this.
  5. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    With EAFF championship on December in Busan, KFA should extend Yoon's contract with KWNT and find his successor, immedeatly.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  6. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    #1556 aguy2die4, Jun 18, 2019
    playing in boys teams.....that reminds me of this story:

Banned by Scotland, so Rose won the World Cup with Italy instead
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...-so-rose-won-the-world-cup-with-italy-instead

So we have the USA who spends shit load of money on Womens football and where 'soccer' is hugely popular at schools, France as you mentioned, and other European countries like England where club teams have now had real 'Ladies' football for a number of years like Chelsea and Arsenal giving the women the opportunity to enjoy the same infrastructure and facilities as the men and having real competitions where people are actually investing time,money and prestige.

If Korea does not want to fall further behind, beyond recovery, Korea has to reshape and plan. But where will the money and the will to do so come from? It will come if Womens NT achieve something at the world stage that inspires the nation perhaps like WC2002 or U20 2019 (that is to say, whilst no where good enough there has been at least some adhoc advances in grass roots and other infrastructure for mens football). The amazing thing is that i do believe we did have a generation of women players that could have achieved that kind of glory. The stupendously frustrating thing is KFA just pissed it away with short sightedness and we may perhaps have forever lost that chance given the disparity is widening year on year and we are losing half of the golden generation to age.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  7. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Shinsegae sponsorship hopefully helps. Winning the bid to host 2023 would be huge. Tough competition but Korea lost to France for 2019 do hopefully the KFA bid gets positive treatment.

8. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Turns out beating Nigeria would have put Korea through to the knockout rounds even with two other losses. Too bad.

aguy2die4 repped this.
  9. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Wow Norway 1 - 1 Australia went to ET then PKs.

Norway went first and took excellent penalties, well practiced confident into the far corners or waited until goalie was committed.

Australia took horrible horrible PKs missed first two. Didn't have have the mentality. 1st taker was Sam Kerr, the captain just skied it. Went downhill from there.

Really thought the Matildas could do it. Shame.

4-1 pks

jessypjs repped this.
  10. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thaisa :)inlove:) equalizes. FRA 1-1 BRA (64')

I want Brazil to win just because a couple of players play in WK League

11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    im enjoying it as a neutral.

Both teams displaying moments of skill.

Both teams do foul a lot though.

12. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    From the BBC feed

"France 1-1 Brazil
    BIG block!

Debinha is on a charging run once again. She powers past tired France players and into the box, cuts inside and places her shot beyond the keeper but Griedge Mbock Bathy is on the line to clear.

That was crucial!"

13. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    France 2 - 1 Brazil

from free kick, great delivery into the box, Henry lost her marker and got her foot on it.

Come on Brazil, lets get the equalizer, then to penalties!

14. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If you were thinking that is the Thais that plays for Incheon (not sure if that's what you meant), it wasn't. That was Thaisa Moreno, plays in Italy. The Thais for Incheon is a fringe player for Brazil and didn't make the team.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, I was talking about Beatriz and Luana

jessypjs, Bluewings21 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  16. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    French player spitting on opponents arm

[​IMG]

17. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @DynamoManiac
    Where would you rate WK League in terms of women's pro leagues around the world? Is it a decent league?

19. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There's a French player in Cameroon's team?

20. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    In Asia it is behind Japan and Australia. Behind the major European leagues and US league. It's okay and definitely better than nothing, but not a top league. Cho So-hyun once said to me how frustrated she was that Incheon would dominate the league, but when they took pre-season trips to Europe and played even teams that weren't top teams there they'd get killed. It's part of why she wanted to go overseas for a bigger challenge.

chook90 repped this.
  21. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Incheon's domination reminds me of Daejeon's long reign in Men's Volleyball.

22. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Which actually isn't all that unusual historically in women's soccer. Until recently, most leagues have been a mix of pro and semi-pro teams (some, like France, still are).

So, you get a team like Lyon which is arguably the best team in the world, that hasn't lost a league game in I can't remember how long.. Germany has been top heavy but has gotten better. France, there are more competitive teams than there used to be, FA-WSL in England has gotten really competitive, NWSL is built around parity (even if the human managerial element enters into it leading some teams to be consistently better than others.

The real problem I have with WK-League is it is run like a charity. There's no attempt to monetize it, not even any indication of a recognition that you could monetize it. Most of the teams don't even have websites, no social media accounts, etc. You can't buy merchandise, the games are free to attend (if you can figure out where they are; the ability to do so varies from team-to-team). And so on.

chook90 repped this.
  23. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    my understanding is that most of the people that show up are perverts who have crushes on some of the players...can def see some people on this board doing that...

24. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Haha, haven't seen any obvious pervs when I've been there. Fathers and daughters, your normal supporters group. I'm sure they are there, though.

25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    outrageous