Korean Women's National Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Jun 4, 2012.

1. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
  2. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    sadly theyre going to exit the tourney without a single goal.

3. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    this is gross negligence, how can you fck up a team so much when its quite clear with better management R16 was a real possibility.

4. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    yep. they outplayed nigeria too.

5. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    finally, a well deserved goal.

6. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    great goal! at last! fantastic back flick pass!

7. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    wow, lee geum min w the brilliant assist. man this game just makes me angry. shows how good they can be, but also how mismanaged they are

8. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    they keep calling Yeo Minji, "Ya". Pretty funny, lol.

9. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    wow, just saw amazing passing play which nearly led to a goal. 3-4 passes, great ball control, one touch strong passes, great first touch.

sac517 repped this.
  10. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    What is Yoon Deok-yeo's obsession w Kang Yumi......

DynamoManiac repped this.
  11. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    it's sad....they've been great the entire match. just two bad PKs -- one a boneheaded decision.

aguy2die4 repped this.
  12. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    oh my god these women are warriors, they just turned on another gear and they are really playing some amazing football.

13. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    complete domination.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    the norwegians are stupid. theres still a good 6 min left and theyre resorting to pinning the ball near the corner flag.

15. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    ARRRGHHH THAT WAS IT

16. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    crowd 100% on korea's side at the end there. they deserved much better than a loss... plkayed an exciting brand of football too.

they should have won by at least 2.

17. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    i want heads to roll.

this team did not deserve to go out with 3 losses. they just did not. they are better than Norway and Nigeria and yet nil points. wow.

ps. watched the 1st pk, and on reflection i can see why the pk was given. now a days you should never wrap your arms around a player in the box even if you are not really pulling.

chook90 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  18. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    YDY needs to go. he got complacent and comfortable and lost sight of the bigger picture. ultimately thought, KFA never fully appreciated what they had w this golden generation of women and never invested money into it. additionally they may just not care, but honestly, better managing and investment could have made this team a contender for quarters/semis. def top 10 in the world, anyway.

aguy2die4, Bluewings21 and chook90 repped this.
  19. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This might be one of the most frustrating matches I have seen in recent times. Korea utterly dominated Norway and played brilliant football. I was so desperate for them to score a goal, fortunately, they did. Judging from today's performance, one can't help but think of the missed potential of that team - they definitely seemed capable of advancing. I salute them for what they delivered tonight, despite having been surely eliminated before the match!

aguy2die4, jessypjs, Bluewings21 and 2 others repped this.
  20. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This match was indicative of why Yoon needs to go. They were brilliant. They could play against anybody the way they played today. So where was the the last two games?

Never should have played for a 0-0 against France, should have come out playing exactly the same way.

Still too conservative against Nigeria.

Aggressive today, confident, controlled possession and had a lineup that could accomplish that. Only complaint is Lee Min-a should have played over Kang Chae-rim.

Hwang Bo-ram never should have been near a starting lineup, Kang Yu-mi ditto. Yeo Min-ji and Moon Mi-ra should have been starting from the beginning.

So much quality and potential, it is frustrating to see it wasted this way,

jessypjs, chook90 and sac517 repped this.
  21. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Also, apart from Yoon's obsession with Kang Yu-mi, which I also don't understand, I can't comprehend his commitment to Kang Chae-rim in these last two games. I'm sure she'll be a wonderful player in the future, but in these two games she was the weakest player on the pitch for Korea. And that tackle for a penalty, ugh.

22. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    I also dont know why he doesnt rate Lee Mina as highly as he should. maybe he made a move on her and she rebuffed him lol.

23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no.:devilish:

sac517 repped this.
  24. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yoon got paid for his ommission of Jeon Gaeul who is experienced and capable of scoring some goals. Despite of our domination of possession and numerous chances, we did not have goal scorer like her and it bited our arse when we needed to score.

25. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Need to get a new coach in quickly because there is still a chance for this group to make good. Unlike men's footy, the Olympics is a huge tournament for the women that trails only behind the World Cup. Where the men's Olympic tournament is U-23s, for the women it is the senior sides.

The AFC qualifying tournament for the portion Korea would be involved with runs from January to March next year. What has always been difficult about qualifying out of Asia for the Olympics is AFC only gets 2 qualifying spots. HOWEVER, since the Olympics are in Tokyo, Japan qualifies as host. So, between China, Australia and North and South Korea there are 2 spots up for grabs. There is absolutely no reason why South Korea could not get one of those two spots if whomever is coaching the team takes full advantage of the players at his/her disposal.