Korean Women's National Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    final score is 1-1
    other note Japan lost to Hoju 1-3

3. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks, now if I can just find the full match somewhere that is not geoblocked for the United States (found it on Naver TV Cast but could not access it).

5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Have you tried using a VPN client like SoftEther?

6. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'll look at SoftEther. I pay for Tunnel Bear, which is great for a lot of markets (able to watch Australia's matches with it), but doesn't currently cover South Korea.

7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SoftEther is free. I've been using it to watch K-League matches on Naver/Daum.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  8. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1233 edlee1992, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    1-1 draw vs Japan. we missed a pk

9. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Good of them not to give up and get the equaliser.

That blunder by Kim Jung Mi on that Japan goal was JSR-esque. They must train together.

I think this now means they have to basically win their last three matches, right? Probably not going to happen.

10. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Both goals were pretty horrific blunders. Fukumoto dropping a routine cross was pretty horrid. Kim Jung-mi is by no means the worst keeper out there, but it's pretty tough to move into the upper echelon of women's soccer with a keeper like her.

Japan still has a decent chance but it really swings on their next match against China. If they fail to win that, they are doomed. Beat China, then they get 2 days off before they beat Vietnam, where they can rotate heavily. Then they are sitting on 7 points and well rested when they face North Korea who will be pretty tired after having faced Australia 2 days prior.

Figure 8 points may be enough for 2nd place. 9 points definitely will, but yeah, they pretty much need to win all three remaining games. That having been said, that's pretty much true of any team not named Australia right now.

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fun Fact: Striker Jung Seol-bin's name was Jung Hye-in before she changed it in 2011. She believes it brought her better luck. For that she is the female version of Lee Jeong-hyeop (aka Lee Jung-ki).

[​IMG]

sac517 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  12. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    That actually clears up my question of what happened to that spiky-haired striker from the u-20 team that took 3rd in 2010. there are also a couple of interviews where Ji calls her Hyein by accident a few times and she gives her the death stare. i probably should have made the connection sooner.

Jitevra repped this.
  13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A very important but difficult match vs Australia

[​IMG]

Shim Seo-yeon special commentator

[​IMG]

14. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Should have rotated more players and given starters a rest. They were never going to beat Australia, the big game was clearly match day 4 against China. Beat China, and they will very likely qualify for Rio. Lose, and....

Most of these players have played 90 minutes 3 times in 6 days now.

sac517 repped this.
  15. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    she....does not look the same. plastic surgery? too much makeup?

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Or who cares?

17. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    bro, i've put up with your "who cares" shtick for a while now. getting annoying. if you have nothing substantive to add, click onto the next page.

18. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    you don't know that a girl (or just about any person) can look wildly different with/without makeup?

19. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Lol, i guess not. Not that drastically, I guess. I can't even tell when my wife wears/doesn't wear makeup. I also have difficulty telling whether someone has had plastic surgery or not. My wife swears it's easy to tell within a few seconds. I guess I don't have an eye for it.

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    조소현 with makeup
    [​IMG]

21. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Never understand why female soccer players wear make up in training or games. I've interviewed them a thousand times after they have sweated and it has gotten all caked up. Doesn't look great.

22. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #1247 batumchange2, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    never for soccer but i've seen modified makeups in between intermissions from other sports.. i think its tedious but it is what it is. girls in front of hundreds and thousands of crowd probably want to look pretty. it'd be hypocritical of us to judge them only to turn around and talk endlessly about their hot teammate

cappuccino_kid repped this.
  23. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    do players from all continents do this? i guess i just assumed they dont wear makeup during games.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Cmon, its not like the ridiculous hair dos by male footballers is much better.

I mean chamakh is STILL trying against all odds

[​IMG]

seoulman9, sac517 and DynamoManiac repped this.
  25. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yes. Not all women, mind you, but I've interviewed US, Canadian, Australian, Korean, English, etc. and seen many of them wearing makeup.

chook90 repped this.