Korean NT Training Ground

Discussion in 'Korea' started by CL39, Feb 5, 2003.

1. CL39

CL39 New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I remember long time ago when I was a kid in Korea, people were quite upset that then-newly built National Team training ground was of artificial turf.
    After the failure of France '98, it was brought up again, laying part of blame on not having adequate training facility, one w/ proper grass.

I couldn't believe between all that time, close to 10-15 yrs, it was not changed.

So, what is it like now, have they changed it to proper grass?

Thanks

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I think in 2000, KFA built the National Football Center (NFC) which has 6 or 8 natural fields, 3 artificial, and a soccer-only trainiing facility that is larger than the Taenung Olympic Training Center. Also, Namhae City buit Namhae Soccer Park, and that is big as the NFC. I think they also own a Namhae Youth Club. Also in Yongin, there is a football facility with 3 natural fields and 4 artificial turfs which is strictly used by the Yong-in Youth Club. If u look at the Korean u-17 team, 3 or 4 players are from Yong-in F.C. I say with all our World Cup stadiums and such, our infrastructure for professional players are above-average.