Korean Football Miscellaneous III

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didnt watch it, but KFA uploaded an official rebuttal and it seems like netizens are criticising the show for being manipulative

nmssis repped this.
  2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

This show is horrible for pressing bias agenda and pushing narratives.

Would not trust them to report on how smelly their own socks' are at the end of the day.

3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    having trouble following along without subs but the produced dramatics of the show hurts its credibility for me

but at the same time, i expect scandalous activity behind the scenes. it's been clear that the management of the KFA is a shitshow and doesn't share the same priorities as fans

4. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    #1729 12th Warrior, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    I have no doubt that there is rampant nepotism, favoritism and various shenanigans going on behind the scene at the KFA. But 1. it's prolly like that at most, if not, all sports associations in Korea and 2. I felt that the show had an agenda and for some reason, they were going after Chung although it wasn't clear why they were specifically targeting him.
    If they want him out of the picture, who do they want to replace him? The reason these associations are headed by these rich billionaires is because they often provide unofficial financial support as well as other types of assistance as needed. So if not Chung and Hyundai, who do they want?

DHMGKorea and 10August2012 repped this.
  5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I had to turn it off midway. At first I was mindblown that their source were some users from some internet message board. Then they spent way too much on something about related-party transactions between the KFA and Dream Gyu's sister. It's not even illegal. Not sure what the problem is. I don't see the problem. LOL.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I actually don't like Ki either.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1732 Seol Korea, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018

8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/footbal...-unveiled-in-real-madrid-youth-id8823335.html
    https://www.realmadrid.com/en/football/academy/under-19/marvin-olawale-akinlabi-park
    https://canales.okdiario.com/real-madrid/cantera/2017/02/01/marvin-alvaro-benito-163551

nigerian korean kid in real madrid youth. born and raised in mallorca spain. already part of spainish fa regional program. nigerian press is on him so im guessing an invite from their fa will be next. according to report real madrid had to fight off competitors to sign him. supposed to be very shy. descriptions of the player based largely on pace, power, and dribbles. not terribly hard to guess what kind of player he is

9. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm guessing he'll pass on the KNT due to the military duty requirements?

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Let's hope he grew up eating kimchi...

From the article: "Before he moved to the famed Real Madrid Castilla in 2016, Marvin had his development at various clubs sides such as Sporting Ciudad de Palma, Tranmere Rovers, Sporting Ciudad de Palma, La Salle, and Es Jonquet Penya Arrabal."

Tranmere Rovers??? How do they fit in all this???

jinseokyang repped this.
  11. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I doubt that he'll be subject to it.

12. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #1737 batumchange2, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    if his mother signed him for a korean passport he can play for korean underage teams free of any obstacles. hed just have to declare to fifa his intentions. to play for korea as an adult (19+) while retaining spanish citizenship hed probably have to forfeit the standard citizenship and have kfa apply for his 특별 귀화. 특별 귀화 allows you to retain your existing citizenship (dual citizen) and as it stands those who naturalize arent subjugated for conscription. standard citizenship will have him in the army as hed considered to be working in korea everytime he plays for the national team. being mixed race or having primary residence elsewhere does not exempt him

*to play for a national team you need to have the countrys passport + either be born in the country or have a parent/grandparent who was born there

13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From a social psych perspective, earlier studies seem to argue that mothers play a larger role in the identity development of multiracial kids than fathers do (Karakidou, 1996), however, more recent research shows that it's not that straightforward at all (Brunsma, 2005). Oh how I wish the former is true though. I'd love to have him play for the NT if he becomes a decent player. Korean society has definitely warmed up to individuals, especially celebrities & athletes, of African heritage, so I hope the fear of "not fitting in" doesn't stop him from joining us. One factor would definitely be distance though. Nigeria is much closer to Spain than Korea is. Shouldn't we start approaching the kid if he's 18?

14. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm pretty sure that's the same way how the Korean Basketball Association got Ricardo Ratliffe (라건아) naturalized. One of the best decisions they ever made.

[​IMG]

nmssis, piesofmeat314 and 10August2012 repped this.
  15. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But didn't he need to play 5 years in Korea before being eligible?

16. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, unfortunately.

I admire the dude's determination. I remember one of his interviews where he said he could have easily represented Chinese Taipei, Iraq, or the Philippines (?) for the money, but he wanted to play for Korea since Korea was the place that kickstarted his professional basketball career.

17. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, he’s definitely not a simple mercenary that wanted intl playing time. Watching his interviews, he has love for the country and prides himself in wearing the jersey. Has stated that he hopes to raise his daughter in Korea as well. Really happy to have him on the team. I started watching Korean bball every chance I get because of him.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What position does he play?
    Sigh another AM...

19. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No you don't. You need citizenship and demonstration of some connection to that country. A lot of naturalized players use the parent/grandparent thing to satisfy both, but it's not a requirement.

20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    so birth or 5 years

21. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Government granted passports to numerous naturalized athletes to play for Team Korea at the PyeongChang Games with special naturalization regulation: only requiring minimum of 2 years being spent in Korea. The notable naturalized players from this exceptional case are Matt Dalton, Eric Regan and Mike Testwuide of men's hockey.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so fckin nostalgic :')

24. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Apparently, Lee Chang Min of Jeju United is responsible for a tragic car accident, from which a 68 year old woman died and 2 other elderly women were injured. Reports say that he crossed the middle line and crashed frontally with the opposite car. The police is investigating the footballer who isn't injured. A similar case to Marcos Alonso.
    This pretty much means the end of his international career.