Korean Football Miscellaneous III

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 26, 2012.

1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    johnathan is your prototypical semi-athletic, semi-technical goal scoring striker with inconsistency issues. i doubt he gets it done at the international stage. i even have doubts about his chances of success in kleague of several years back during its heydays. his good games are incredible but his bad games are horrifying. in true kleague fashion he would been sent back home after few bad weeks and we would hear about his success in another league few years later

i feel like adriano can offer something for the brazil national team if he was playing in a bigger league (to maintain top form) and he played like he gave a crap. hes strong but he doesnt rely on strength to beat his man. he gets in good positions inside the box and can get their quickly with his speed. he sneaks behind the opposing defenders and convert the ugliest of passes into shot on goal. brazil doesnt really have a player of his style. not in their national team anyways

jessypjs repped this.
  2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, Montenegro are solid and Dejan got his 1st international cap in his 1st stint with FC Seoul

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  3. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I have nothing against calling up players playing well in weaker league, as long as the league is a professional one.

Funny. You were assuming Thai League was weaker than K-League in your previous post and now you're putting them into the same pot as "menial league". Most of the players you mentionned are not in the same case than Johnathan (scoring less in a weaker league or already called up in the past), excepted Fabio Lima, so I won't discuss that.

So tell me who are the hundreds brazilian strikers who currenly play in top League and are not called up yet ? And tell me why a striker like Fred was the main striker in Brazil for years ?

4. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #1529 jessypjs, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    And scored twice against England :cool::cool:

chook90 repped this.
  5. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Do I honestly need to take you step by step? Yes, K-League is better than Thai Premier League, but both are leagues where Brazilian players go to if they don't have anymore options. Since you are having such a hard time understanding, let me explain: Hungarian leagues and Andorran leagues are both third-tier/menial leagues, but Hungarian leagues are far better. Is that enough for you to understand? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fred? Because he was one of the best strikers in Brazilian Serie A between 2011-2014 dumbass.

6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i dont think it really matters what league the player plays for. if a player is good enough hes good enough. the hard part is figuring out if he truly is good enough. performing like messi or ronaldo in a smaller league wouldnt be enough. he would need to demonstrate that he can offer something that others in the national team cant but such can be difficult to accomplish when your oppositions are significantly weaker. if there was a korean player in the thai league performing like adriano id argue for his call up. thai league is about as low as id go though not sure what my stance would be if this madeup player was playing in hong kong or singapore

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Sure, I can agree with this, but in the case of Jonathan, he had a stellar spell at Daegu, then went back to Brazil where he couldn't even make the bench. Then, as soon as he joins Suwon, he's back to his stellar form. It probably says more about the gulf in talent between Brazilian leagues and Korean leagues more than anything else.

killaorca and batumchange2 repped this.
  8. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah why do you use Fred as a main striker while you have (apparently) hundreds of strikers playing in top leagues ? Did you watch the world cup ?

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Because Brazilian Serie A is one of the top leagues, you moron. Also, I said hundreds of players, learn to f*cking read.

OMFG, are you dumb? Scolari, and for that matter ANY manager, isn't a time traveller, how would he have known that he would have played badly in 2014 World Cup? To put it into context, he was in form for both the NT and the club leading up to the World Cup, and was deemed as one of the best players in the country. Why on earth would Scolari not pick him?

10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To answer the earlier questions, no. No foreigners will be naturalized to play for the KNT. The process takes too long (5 consecutive years in Korea) and communication will be a problem (with few exceptions like Dzenan Radoncic who spoke fluent Korean)

Obviously Johnathan would not get called up to the Brazil national team. Brazil is one of the few footballing countries out there that can continually pump out talents. Also, I understand giving examples of Brazilians doing good in UAE and other money strapped Asian countries, but Thailand & Hong Kong? Those leagues, in terms of talent, are way lower than the other decent Asian leagues. Those guys wouldn't even be considered for the Brazil D & F team.

The China/ME Brazilans that get called up is because they were already part of the national team before they moved to China/ME not because they were setting those leagues on fire.

chook90 repped this.
  11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    My point was that (obviously hypothetically) we wouldn't consider calling up a player playing in Hong Kong in an amazing form, especially if he had moved there after barely managing to make the bench in K-League.

I was referring to Hong Kong because it's one of those leagues that Korean players go to when they can't find playing time, just like how Brazilian players go to Korea and other Asian countries.

12. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Then, you talk to me about 'context' :whistling::whistling::ROFLMAO:

13. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sure but why a coach would not call up a guy who plays as good (or even better in a similar league) as the others who are already part of the team ?

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Coming from a moron who doesn't understand why one of the best strikers in Brazil was chosen for their NT while thinking that a Brazilian league reject should be picked for their national team... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

15. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Got ya. :thumbsup:

Its pretty much because those managers have worked with those Brazilians before. They would call up a player they can trust rather than a random Asian league Brazilian they have never worked with before.

Their national team defender, Gil, who plays with Shandong isn't anything special. The dude is average if anything. Like I said, the manager calls up players he can trust. It's not because they are setting those leagues on fire.

jessypjs repped this.
  16. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are you that stupid ? I know why Fred was picked but I just wonder why he was brazil's main striker since you evoked that Brazil have strikers scoring many goals in top leagueS. It wasn't a legit question but just a way to show you your poor reasoning.
    You were saying there are plenty brazilian players scoring a lot of goals in the best leagues in the world but you're unable to name only one.

17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    What poor reasoning? Fred was a top player in a top league. What the f*ck are you on about?

18. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Some times I wonder if KFA and K-league will ever implement real change...
    I think the potential talent is there but they aren't put in an environment where they can succeed...

20. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2017-18 UCL Round of 32 Draw Result

Group A-Benfica, Manchester United, FC Basel, CSKA Moskva

Group B-FC Bayern Muenchen, Paris Saint-Germain, RSC Anderlecht, Celtic FC

Group C-Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, AS Roma, Qarabag FK

Group D-Juventus, FC Barcelona, Olympiacos, Sporting CP

Group E-Spartak Moskva, Sevilla, Liverpool, NK Maribor

Group F-Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G-AS Monaco, FC Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H-Real Madrid CF, Borussia Dortmund, Tottemham Hospur, APOEL

chook90 repped this.
  21. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey guys, I’ve created a Twitter account that automatically posts the top 10 posts from the Korea Football/K League Reddit for the day.

I find the K League Reddit to be a okay source of articles on the league and KNT that I may have missed from Twitter/FB/forums, and I always found these automated Twitter accounts to be really useful for when I’m going through my newsfeed on Twitter and haven’t had the time to go through Reddit for the day.

If you use Twitter and/or Reddit to follow Korean football, please do definitely give this account a look.

You can find the Korea Football/K League Reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/KLeague/ and the Korea Football/K League Reddit Twitter Account at https://www.twitter.com/KoreaFootReddit. Cheers!

22. AsiaFootballFan

AsiaFootballFan New Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Oct 2, 2017
  23. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France