Korea beats China for U20 Asian Youth Championship

Discussion in 'Korea' started by rkim291968, Oct 9, 2004.

1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Now you guys did it....

2. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    Yeah. You can cut out the homophobia, boys. It doesn't make you sound tough. It just makes you sound insecure about your own sexuality.

3. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA

Well said and let's move on. Who gives a doggie doo doo about what they were wearing? They beat China 2:0 in the finals for the 11th championship. Isn't that enough? :rolleyes:

4. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i think so too

5. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

I'm so glad our squad enrolled the Chinese in the school of hard knocks and taught them a lesson in football yet again for the 1000th time. :D

May the legacy of the "Kong Han Zhen (Chinese for fear of Korea)" complex be permanently engraved down to the bones, roots, and foundations of Chinese football.

6. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    China's Dong Fangzhuo was the most impressive player. Not because of his ability, but because of his name. It sounds like '똥퍼줘유'. :D

7. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    No homophobia in using the the word "gay" as a descriptive term. The insecurity is in the oversensativity to the use of word gay it seems to me.

8. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    Actually, the insecurity is in your pathetic attempt to justify your use of the word "gay" in a derogatory manner. It's no different than someone using "chink" or a "chinaman" in a negative way. That's called prejudice, whether you like it or not.

And learn to spell big words before you use them, unless you like sounding like an idiot.

9. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    Yeah, you too can cut out all that pompous moralizing. It does not make you sound righteous. It just makes you sound...... chinese(in reference to your later posts).

10. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

wtf are you talking about. what does china have to do with anything.

11. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    I like it when we talk football. THere is peace and unity when rooting for your team...

As for the charge of homophobia... Give me a break! WHy don't you take out that rock wedged up your a$$ and take a breath. Who died and made you the homophobia nazi? And I didn't flame you or put you down so what's up with the snot, ass attitude?

The word "gay" is in no way comparable to racial perjoratives like chink, etc.. They are easily distinguishable for anyone with half a brain. Furthermore, using the word "gay" solely as a descriptive term for effeminite characteristics in straight males is not derogatory. Unless you find effeminite characteristic in straight males to be inherently derogatory. If you do, well then there are books written on the topic and YOU may be the true homophobe or an insecure homosexual.

In any case, who are you to preclude the use of the word "gay" for me or anyone on this board for that matter? THose shirts are gay. If you think there's nothing wrong with a bunch of straight guys, Korean NT for that matter, wearing matching yellow, pastel blue polos that's fine. I don't and that's also fine. Excuse me for holding onto social constructions of maleness and femaleness.

For all I care, the youth team and the NT can wear as many matching gay shirts as they want as long as they just keep on winning.

12. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    otto if you dont like it why dont you stop viewing this thread.

13. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    :D Good one, Korean Tiger. I wonder if any Chinese posters here can read Korean.

14. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    I could easily ignore it but it's about calling out bull********** and confronting it when you see it. I will admit though that a soccer message board with a bunch of insecure males who lash out against anything that disturbs their social conditioning or challenges their comfort zone in any way is probably not the best place for it.

15. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I second Hanjin on this one. Ignoring is the best strategy when you don't agree with content. I don't agree with where the "gay" thing was going and ignored it entirely. Subject like that won't go anywhere. My 2 cents, Otto.

16. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    Godwin's Law: Sircar's Corollary

That's such bullsh-t. Anyway, I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt that you didn't intentionally mean to say anything offensive.

"The word "gay" is also used as slang to express derision or mockery. For example, "my computer is acting gay", or "that hat is so gay". The derogatory implication is that the object (or person) in question is inferior, weak, effeminate, or just stupid. This slang is very common among young people, who understand the term as meaning 'emotionally open to the point of being ridiculed,' as per Barney the Dinosaur -- but who commonly do not link the term to authentic homosexuality. It appears to float free of the accepted usage, possibly because homosexuality, sui generis, is still exotic and imaginary to much of mainstream America. It exists as a transgressive insult which many find offensive beyond the intention of those using it."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay

Now, back to football...

17. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    I could care less how little junior high school kids in Kansas use the word gay and your rant was pretentious, stuck up and IRRELEVANT to what happened in this thread but for the sake of peace, sanity and preservation of what little dignity we have left for arguing about this...

Nonetheless those matching shirts are still pretty gay otto and you know it.

18. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    The word "gay" used to mean "happy" or "jolly"... I wonder how the the context of the word got changed like it is today.

19. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    Look, I was the one who posted that picture and I was obviously making fun of their shirts. I don't know if any of you are actually homophobic. The point I was trying to make is that whether one intends it or not, words can hurt and use of pejoratives associated with hate and ignorance in a derogatory context just makes one sound ignorant and annoys the hell out of me. "That's gay!" sounds just as ignorant and annoying as "Don't be a jew!", "You're such a beaner!", "ching chong wang chang chee..."...etc. Surely there's more arsenal in your vocabulary than junior high epithets?

20. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    Come on Otto, you're not being straight(no pun intended) with me. People in this thread used the word "gay" to describe the effeminate matching tshirts. They didn't use the word "gay" as a junior high school epitaph meaning stupid, etc.. Stop pretending you don't know this.

btw. can't you post, disagree, etc. without the snot?

21. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    You're confused. And semi-illiterate. I'm done with this thread.

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    damn..

yall realize that this pointless argument started because of what SHIRT our players were wearing?

23. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    haha yep pretty stupid as well if you ask me

24. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    What a damn dramaqueen. Give me a break.