Konrad de la Fuente setting the bar high at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Something like that.

2. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    What's the point to skip Barca B? You go there if you are invited.

3. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I just think he's got higher potential than Segunda B. It would be great if he makes some appearances this year, though.

4. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Depends where at Segunda B. Playing at Barca B at young age you will get interest from all over Europe.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  5. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Again, I'd prefer he go to another team if he doesn't have a clear route to the first team. YMMV.
    He'll probably get the same amount of interest this year playing in the UEFA youth league.

DanielS1085 repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be the answer for U20 - he's just very young for that group. He should be getting call ups for U18 or U19 though. Be nice if someone asked Ramos about his situation, whether they want him staying and fighting for minutes, whether barca wants that or whether they just think "there are other players who are ahead of him".

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always had the impression he was more valued than Lederman. I always felt Lederman was one who they hung onto in case he figured it all out and exploded while De La Fuenta is and has been one of the best of his age group. I think he will get a chance even if it's at outside back eventually which they've done before.

8. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    a chance at Barcelona?
    i'll go ahead and say, no way.

wixson7 repped this.
  9. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    De la Fuente is a much better player. Lederman was essentially a youth team bench player the last few years of his youth career.
    DLF has very good ball skills very good athlete. I think his move will be Bundesliga or lower team in la liga.

Tom Collingsworth and USSoccerNova repped this.
  10. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    It's unlikely. If you look at the numbers, Barcelona has a squad of about 24 on the B team year to year. Of those guys, between 0-3 will get promoted to the A squad in a given year. So even if you're on the B team you have a low chance of even making the 1st team squad. If you're one of the best players on B you might get a shot but you'll probably spend 2-3 years in loan limbo first. The fact is that even the backup spots on Barcelona go to players worth 50-80 million euros.

So what I'm saying is, there's a chance.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe some of you have seen Konrad in action but since I haven't I can't make any judgement on his chances from just a few clips. However, in those clips he showed some similar ability as Pulisic so my question is if Pulisic had been in their academy do any of you think he would have made their A team?

12. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really think this discussion is premature...he moved to Juvenil B with - from what little we can tell - modest expectations and blew up, moved to Juvenil A and - again, from our limited information - seems to be playing very well - at this stage it seems like he would be one of the candidates to make the first team if only because the challenge is to adapt and improve your game as you move up. So far he seems to have done that.

Konrad just turned 17, he's right where he should be. Of the current first team Sergio Busquets debuted for the first team at 20, Sergi Roberto was a regular at Barca B when he was 21 as was Sergi Samper. Even Messi was held back from regular first team play until he was 18. Normal course seems to be for players with a future to be on Barca B with sporadic non-league appearances around 19-21.

UniversalAdvice, largegarlic and Pegasus repped this.
  13. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas

14. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting:

16. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    1) huge awesomeness kudos by putting these together. And like that it’s not only his positives. Little loose in tight spaces, turnovers galore. But that’s ok and expected. He’s an out and out winger, high risk/reward.

2) gotta admit...preferred you better with the cool name of shaft brewer....disappointed to find out you are just a boring Travis Clark. Ha. :)

Thx again for these, amazing stuff.

19. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not actually travis Clark, I just posted his tweet. ShaftBrewer can live on as my alias!

SCSAutism and wixson7 repped this.
  20. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Subbed in at 68' in a 0 - 3 win over Reus Deportiu. Barca Juvenil A is still undefeated.

22. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a couple of years observing Konrad appear fairly regularly in the La Masia team of the week reported by Twitter feed, I just realized today that the players are actually depicted as Lego Men dressed in Blaugrana kits.

SCSAutism, eliwood and Winoman repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts in UEFA Youth League:

24. TJFtbl

TJFtbl Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Watching the game rn. Konrad looks comfortable on the ball and going past players (he just dropped a Tottenham defender on the turn). Hasn’t really caused much danger in the box though.

25. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC