Knockout round: Sounders v. SKC 10/27/16

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And somehow we're in the playoffs once again. Not really sure what my expectations are for this team in the playoffs. Still kind of think we might be missing one good attacking player to make a deep run, but every other team seems to have their flaws too so who knows.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.. that was certainly somethinf.. AR calls back a goal that was borderline, ref lets Ozzie stay on the field, and the other AR lets a goal stand that was clearly off.. The calls ste breaking our way.. now we just have to get some of that goal scoring magic back..

3. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ugly, ugly win.

Lucky officiating breaks and Frei standing on his head won't be enough against Dallas in a 2-leg series.

4. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Agreed. I thought the Sounders looked better against Dallas in Dallas. Hopefully just some first round playoff jitters. Frei was my man of the match.

kaburu repped this.
  5. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can get Valdez to retire and just play in the playoffs. He can be our Roger Milla. As for our goal, I need to see more angles. He looked ahead of his marker, but I thought maybe Sinovic kept him on. Gonzo thought their goal was good, 'Celo didn't. As for not sending Ossie off, well in olden times, his second supposedly cardable offense wasn't even a foul. Benny was making a meal of it. It was a completely clean, albeit dangerous, and that is where new times make things fuzzy, tackle. Sketchy game, but don't think it means much for Sunday. I'm not seeing anything from Friberg or Flaco that keeps Brad on the bench.

kaburu repped this.
  6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is concerns about B-Rad's health that are keeping him on the bench. Last time they thought he was better and put him in as a late game sub, he not only got a straight red, he re-injured himself and missed the final 2 games.