Pre-match: Knockout Round(Quarter-finals) Canada - Honduras 18 July – Philadelphia.

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by M3gatron redded, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Knockout Round(Quarter-finals) Canada - Honduras 18 July – Philadelphia.

no just that thei were bigger than him....

2. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

This all reeks of sour grapes to me. Honduras benefited from a bad call from the ref, the player didn't engineer this call, the referee made the mistake.

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

More grapes. Even more sour this time.

4. Viruk42

Viruk42 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Ottawa

Now I recognise I am biased, but I don't feel it's sour grapes or just whining or whatever. Canada is continually plagued by these brutal calls, and I know that all teams get it, but ours are always major game changers. In this game, for example, we were playing better than Honduras (it was close though. We had more possession but they were still quite dangerous on the counter-attack), and then they get their gift and turtle. I don't blame them for doing it, but it sucked from our point of view. If not for that goal, Honduras would have been forced to continue attacking, and we might have come out the winners.

Of course, we should have buried at least one of our chances, but we didn't, and that sucks. The problem, as I see it, is not that Honduras beat us, it's that we weren't given the chance on an even playing field.

If that call hadn't happened, and we still lost, I could have said "Well, we did our best, but they were the better team". Instead it's "Well, we did our best, but the ref screwed us".

As for the diving/rolling around/time wasting shit...it's the worst part of the game. It's disgraceful, and there should be harsh penalties for it. Post-game yellow cards at the very least, suspensions would be nice. Or better yet, some form of video replay so we can stop this nonsense when it happens.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Canada can some wat sleep better 2nite..........at least the bitter ones....

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

this thread is closed, old game, old thread, needs some rest