KK, BM, EJ, CB, CD: Fulham v Birmingham 5/03 [MULTIPLE Rs!!]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by EricSunRa, Apr 30, 2008.

1. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why why why would you go to bigsoccer or any other soccer site if you didn't want to see any results. even if it wasn't multiple Rs (which you had to have seen when you clicked on the thread), why risk it? It's your responsibility, not everyone else's.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - but that isn't a topic for this thread. If you want to debate our policy - do it elsewhere.

3. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    I bet Redknapp gets a sweet ass Harrod's gift basket this week.

4. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McBride currently on BBC Sport's front page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

This would really be an epic escape from Fulham. Nine points in their last four after getting 24 points in their first 33.

A win and they stay up. After that, who the hell knows. Birmingham looks to be in a lousy spot right now, but they still have hope I suppose.

5. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    It did not concern me in this particular case since I was watching the Reading match. However, I prefer to see posters show a little courtesy to other posters who prefer not to know the result of other matches. Is it that hard to refrain from mentioning results from other matches?

6. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright keano... how about a repeat of what you pulled at the cottage a few weeks back?

7. tehgraarg

tehgraarg Member

Feb 9, 2006
    West Berlin, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know maybe because for some people they could only watch a stream of the Fulham game today and wanted to talk to other supporters on their gameday thread while watching the match meanwhile they are recording the Reading match on a DVR to watch later?

Doesn't bother me much since I am one of those poeple and I will still watch the game, but there is a reason why there is a results tag.

8. tehgraarg

tehgraarg Member

Feb 9, 2006
    West Berlin, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many clean sheets have Fulham gotten this season? I can't recall many. The defense seems to be playing much better under Hodgeson.

9. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Anyone watching/going to watch the Bolton vs Sunderland game? Its on FSC right now

10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kasey has done great orchestrating the line and with ball distribution. His vision lead to some quality Fulham counters today.

and Hangeland, he really does need more credit. He is pretty much a Gooch clone (Newcastle comparrisons asside), and he's done well to beef up the Cottager D.

11. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So says the Wednesday man!:)

12. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can bet yer britches i am. Keane, true to his word, brought out his A-team. Good man

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    touche salesman.

dont worry, we'll be seeing you guys next year.

and damnit i cant believe im asking for good medicine from a United fan, not even gonna argue with the good mood thats going on here, but do the business against Southampton tomorrow would ya. ;)

14. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    europha?

(are we making up our own words now?...or did you mean euphoria? ;) )

15. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Fulham now a point behind Bolton, Fulham with 33 Bolton have 34

16. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We will, I am still hopeful we can make the promotion playoff.

17. Super White Boy

Super White Boy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Because I'm proctoring the SAT's.

18. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would really, really like Reading to stay up, because I like them, even if they didn't have yanks, and I dislike Bolton and B'ham. They still could stay up but if it comes down to either fulham or reading getting relegated I think reading will be. Hahnemann can play for anyone, and convey wasn't playing much.

Anyways.

C'mon Fulham!!!!

19. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  20. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Not exactly. That must be a live table. Bolton have 33 (and a 3 goal differential advantage) pending the outcome of this game.

21. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
  22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also noticed the lineup trotted out by Portsmouth today, wow. Hopefully they extend you Fulham types that courtesy next weekend because that was pretty weak sauce from what i read. resting up for the ole FA Cup, good on em :p

23. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I really do think that today's scoreline was a fair reflection of the talent available to both teams. I mean the following lineup is a midtable quality team.

-------------X------------
    X---Hangeland--X--------X
    Davies--Bullard-X--Dempsey
    --------X--McBride--------

At present form, Hughes and Keller can arguably slot into that lineup and maintain the level of quality there. Unfortunately, Fulham have gotten very little from that second striker position all season (except in substitute appearances), and have been forced to rotate someone else in seemingly every other game. I've already complained enough about Danny Murphy and the outside backs so I'll leave that be for now (Steve Davis was a Championship quality player and Andreasen hasn't done enough with his opportunities, so there may just not be any better alternatives).

Hodgson did a decent enough job shoring up that defense by putting Hangeland in there, and Stalteri is still a big improvement over Baird, so I'll give him credit there, but just a tad bit more quality in a few key positions, and Fulham could have finished comfortably midtable this season.

24. green94

green94 Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States