Kitbag complaints

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Shop' started by bigtoga, Oct 13, 2003.

1. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
    Hello.

Just received my club jerseys from Bolivia. Both seem to be quality official replicas, with embroidered crests. Sent through the Bolivian and U.S. mail systems. No contents sticker, this time. Just a "AVISO de recibo" label. No customs or duty charges asked for.

Driving another nail into the "Customs and Duty Theory of Overseas Purchasing Expensiveness" coffin :D , I remain

That little old jersey collector

Me

2. Duniyadnd

Duniyadnd New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Actually a lot of them are real, just never delivered to Europe cause they surplus. Where you think they make the jerseys anyway? In East Asia

3. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
    Hello, Duniyadnd

Actually, having riffled through my collection (currently at 168 club shirts, almost all post-1995), I have found that the vast minority are manufactured in East Asia. Without going into too much detail, most club's replica jerseys are manufactured in the continent they reside in.

Brazilian clubs jerseys are almost all made in Brazil. Other South and Central American country's club jerseys are usually made in their own country.

Many European jerseys were manufactured in the U.K., Italy, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and Portugal, among other countries.

Even many of the USA's club jerseys were manufactured in the States.

Understand, I think that it's possible that some team's shirts could be manufactured in more than one country simultaneously. But, if my collection is any indication, the manufacture of official club jerseys is a worldwide business.

Tagchecker extrordinaire, I remain

Me

4. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Oh ******** $hitbag sucks so hard. I ordered my 2004 Man Utd jersey last Thursday. They promptly sent an email saying the order was undergoing routine checks and they would let me know if there was a problem within 24 hours.

Ha!

I wrote to them yesterday ( one week later) asking them about my order mentioning the 24-hour-notification... They wrote me back today telling me that, after a routine check, my order (not my card lol) was declined due to "conflicting details" that I had entered. lol ******** you. I'm a returning customer, goddamnit! If there are "conflicting details", they're there because your system ********ed up. And why the ******** didn't you write me back within 24-hours like you said you would, you ********bag.

******** $hitbag sucks so bad. And, as a result, so does BigSoccer and Manchester United's online stores.

I told them to cancel the order and goddamnit that is the last time I ever buy anything from $hitbag/Kitbag. Sorry United - you can ******** off if you think they're a fan-friendly place to shop; no more of my $$$ will go to your gear from them.

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More brilliance from them:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2613642&postcount=134

Also I e-mailed them about the fact that they use cheap vinyl instead of felt numbers and letters. Their response:

So basically for all I know, they could send me vinyl again if I ordered from them. Lovely...

6. batfam

batfam New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Brandon, FL
    I emailed Kitbag directly in regards to the customs fees (just like I was told to) and no response. Bigsoccer really should step in and help settle some of our grievances.

7. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Your post inspired me to start an online petition to get BS to drop Kitbag.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115949

8. Enda

Enda New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    About a year ago, I was dealing with Kitbag and it turned into the biggest nightmare of my short life.

I ordered 2 things-
    Barcelona schoolbag.
    Argentina tracksuit.

I posted them a bank draft for the full price of the items which was around 100 euro. 3 days later, they sent me an e-mail confirming they had received the money and the goods would be dispatched that day and i should have it by the end of the week.

A full week had passed so i decided to ring up these bastards and give them a piece of my mind :mad: . They told me that the tracksuit was out of stock but they had posted the schoolbag. They assured me that the bag should arrive shortly and the tracksuit would follow A.S.A.P. Another week passed and still no action! I was getting very angry as it was gone far passed a joke now. I had paid for the items IN FULL after all. Whenever i went to call them i was getting a bloody automated message!!!

Well after a month had passed, I decided that was it, i just wanted the money back. I e-mailed them, rang them, faxed them..before finally gaining contact with a human being. I asked for the manager and let him have it ;) . I demanded the money to be returned but he then told me that the items had been shipped to my country [Ireland] about 2 weeks ago!! He went on to say that they were being held in my local post office in......BRAY!!! I live in Dublin and Bray is by no means "local". Its like 20 miles away!

I went an collected it eventually. The bottom line was that $hitbag shipped MY stuff to the wrong address. I had even kept a copy of the invoice and order form, and nowhere were the letters B-R-A-Y to be seen in the bloody address.

Peace
    Just another $hitbag hater

9. Ze_Pequeno

Ze_Pequeno New Member

Jul 1, 2004
  10. soccer10shop

soccer10shop New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Hello!
    My name is César, and I'm in charge of Soccer10Shop.com.
    I was concerned about this topic directly since the custom duties topic is always an important fact that buyers consider before doing an international purchase. Since we are in Argentina 90% of our sales are international.

What we basically do to avoid that is to mark items as gift with no value, unless the buyer requests that. This is allowed by mail in Argentina.
    The same happens on DHL shipments. In the first year of S10 on the net, I never had a complain about the taxes paid, and many buyers told me that didn't have to pay anything, in any of the methods.

About fakes market, there is a BIG market of fakes, specially Boca Juniors, AFA and River Plate now. You need to be very carefull, specially on eBay.

Well, I have wrote a bigger message but the lovely Internet Explorer messed up and frustrated my first message, so I'm making this one shorter and we'll hope to receive questions and comments from some of you, with the purpose of helping and being helped!

Cheers and sorry for my english.
    [César - www.Soccer10Shop.com]

11. uhclem

uhclem Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Spring Lake Park, MN
    Hello.

Welcome to Big Soccer, Cesar.

First off, I want to give Soccer10 an unsolicited plug. A little over two months ago, I ordered a Racing 100 Anos Jersey and a Belgrano de Cordoba Home jersey. His shop responded by e-mail almost immediately to confirm my order. He also gave me notification when the jerseys had been sent. They arrived in good time and excellent condition. The shipping charges were very reasonable, as I remember. And the prices top-notch! I will be ordering from this vendor again, I assure you.

I do have a request, Cesar. I am a collector of shirts with over 160 of them from over 50 countries. It is my goal to obtain at least one jersey from a club in the top league of every country in FIFA. I have been having difficulties finding jerseys from some of the smaller countries in the Carribean, Central America and South America. Countries such as Jamaica, Trinidad, Panama, Bermuda, Venezuela, and Guyana. Is there any possibility that you could obtain club jerseys from some of these countries to sell to collectors such as myself? I would be very grateful if you could or even if you could give me some information on how to obtain them from elsewhere.

Hoping Soccer10Shop becomes so profitable that it has to change it's name to Soccer20Shop :D, I remain

Me

12. soccer10shop

soccer10shop New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Hi there!
    Thank you for your comments. I remember I read your post about the "remera - jersey" marking, wasn't you? I noticed by that that you've purchased from us :)
    About your request, I'm afraid that I won't be able to help directly. As a "weird" stock like that, I can only offer you, not listed on the site, some Israel club teams, there is an old stock from Diadora I have, there are also some other unsorted clubs I can't remember, there was a Belgium team that couldn't recognize, and some more, if you are interested, let me know. Prices on those were really cheap for being official shirts.
    Can't think of another way to get those club shirts than contacting someone in the specifiq country. I don't think that there would be stores selling those.
    Not so rare maybe for you, but if you are also interested, I can get shirts on demand from Chile, Brazil, Uruguay and Mexico. Prices are not THAT good on Mexican, but still fair.
    Hope to have helped a bit with that. Thank you!
    César
    [www.soccer10shop.com]

13. soccer10shop

soccer10shop New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Hey!
    Yes, East Asian market (Malaysian, Thai, Hong Kong) on Ebay are 99,99% fakes. Sellers at least have the nice touch of saying that are replicas.
    But also Nike, Adidas and others do really make them in there. The East Asian manufactures are probably the best in the world, even the textures are made in there.
    Sadly this market grown thanks to child-work. No matter if official or not, Whenever you buy a shirt that cames from there, is surely involving childs working in a close to slave condition.
    I heard that happens also in Brazil with the brand Penalty.

Thank god and thanks to the new economical system, Argentina started to produce for the big brands since 2002. Maybe the texture manufactures isn't that powerfull, but the shirt manufactures can be in the same top quality than anywhere else. I'm very proud to know from the inside the manufacturers that work for Nike, Adidas, etc in Argentina and to be almost sure that no child is used for that (well, anyway employees may not be rich for working there, there earnings are really low)
    Fakes market in Argentina is a strong market on the street, specially for tourists that have no knowledge and just want to get a Boca, River or AFA shirt to take as a souvenire... the funniest is that this happens in the most walked street from Argentina, in front of the eyes of everybody. Nike and specially Boca inspections are done very often... and all is fixed with a bit of money to shut some mouthes.
    But the real thing is that also fakes market do not involve childs, it cames mostly from Paraguay and Perú manufactures.

Please don't take this message as a "buy shirts in Argentina, save the asian children" as it's not my intention to do any kind of politics here. I'm just informing some of you since I'm inside this bussiness and have a bit of knowledge about that.

Hope this has not bored you!

Thanks
    César
    [www.soccer10shop.com]