Kim Bo-Kyung @ Wigan Athletic F.C. 2015 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Bom23, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #203 ChaDuRi671, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Sport Chosun reporting that Kim is joining Matsumoto Yamaga.
    http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...&mod=read&office_id=076&article_id=0002793817

Well, there goes another military exempted player.

Kim Bo-kyung, please fire your dumbass agent.

- Went around England for 2 months and begged Championship clubs for a contract.
    - While knowing the work permit issue.
    - Try to use Cyprus as his last resort.
    - Now this. They're not even a decent J1 side. Should have joined Suwon back in June when he was training with them. Back to step 1.

His agent is Lee Yeung-joong (Ivan Sports Corp.)
    http://www.fifa.com/governance/match-agents/association=kor/index.html

skimmilk and Seol Korea repped this.
  4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I seriously have no idea why Kim Bo-Kyung is even continuing to stick with this numbnut failure of an agent. If it wasn't enough that he ended up signing with Cardiff just weeks ahead of the London Olympics instead of waiting till it was over, he ends up in yet another stupid move in which I can only suspect and blame his agent Lee Young-Joong.

Here's woorijim's post on Lee Young-Joong: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/kim-bokyoung-transfer-news.1946608/page-6#post-26023286

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only appeal to Japan is possible easier route to BL. Problem with championship is lack of worldwide respect and visibility.

Not sure I can blame agent in this situation (given unfogivable earlier mistakes) and enough ambiguity about rules given that other clubs also went through exception process for him.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I blame KBK for his 미련 to stay in England at all cost. He should have spent the summer going on trials at German clubs after his value and reputation fell so much from his time in England and Wales.

He placed himself in such a bad position so late in the transfer window that he couldn't even garner interest from the desert or from the CSL.

This probably was the only move his terrible agent could muster up with a decent salary where KBK still has some reputation leftover from his Cerezo days.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He had Championship sides fighting for him despite them knowing FA rules too so I can see why he was deluded into thinking it was possible.

Going to Japan is about reviving his career rather than the money because I'm sure he coulda gotten a desert job.

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    let's close this thread

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry for the stupid question, is the K-League market not open now ? I don't understand why he would go to a small JLeague club otherwise...

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    transfer window is closed

11. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013