Killing Eve

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

Is anyone else watching this?

I would describe it as John Le Carré does "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain".

It's about an Mi5 operative who after a botched job protecting a witness to an assassination is put in charge of a small task force that has to find a mysterious female assassin who has made victims all over Europe and whose flair (to the point of showing off) is kind of her signature.

The Amélie Poulain aspect of it is the almost whimsical quality of both the assassin's personality as well as how her assassinations are portrayed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Poor Bill. Though it was pretty clear he was not going to return from that Berlin trip, with all of the foreshadowing done at the beginning of the episode.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Damn, Villanelle is cold. :eek: Though I guess most of us will have seen that coming with what we have seen before from her.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This was another great episode. Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer should win some sort of award for that scene in the kitchen. Poor Frank!

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is it just me or is the British spy women, (albeit with an American accent), about as clueless as it's possible to be.

The women knows where she lives and is an assassin who's already killed one of her colleagues, seems to have a thing for her... and yet she doesn't move or take precautions? Getting a dog might be an absolute minimum for a start I'd say.

Belgian guy repped this.
  6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think the point of that is that she is equal parts attracted and scared of Villanelle.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I get that but you'd have thought basic self-preservation would dictate at least some precautions... for her husband if not herself.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So now we know where Villanelle got her type from. She is essentially trying to recreate her old language teacher with both Eve and that woman in Paris she briefly had a fling with.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Well that was a very enjoyable season of TV. :)

It will be interesting to see if they can repeat this with the second season, but Phoebe Waller-Bridge is certainly the most original voice working in TV right now. :thumbsup: