Kickoff USL 2016

Discussion in 'San Antonio FC' started by greenroom, Jan 21, 2016.

1. jrmck

jrmck Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    actually, if they went with the predominately red seating, then they would just need to get rid of the yellow seating and, of course, the "scorpion" logo seating. of which based on this picture, I'm guessing is on the high end of 800 to 1000 seats max.

[​IMG]

2. jrmck

jrmck Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

the part of the "SPUR" in the logo is actually called a "Rowel". I sort of like this badge and think it is good marketing to tie the two together.

[​IMG]

3. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh .... the semantics of it has nothing to do with my point.

The given symbolism for the SPURS is the rowel portion of the apparatus .... and has become the identifying symbol of the SPURS franchise. It's sitting on the badge of our soccer team now ... that's the point.

4. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but (and I hate to be THAT guy) this is common in Europe. Teams from various sports under one umbrella of ownership in a single city tend to have at least some commonality within their logos and colors. Red Bull and Real Madrid are obvious examples. Even within the US, owners in this situation have typically found a way to tie their various teams together - usually through shared color schemes (Kroenke's Denver teams being a great example).
    Why wouldn't you though? If you have a strong established brand and bring in new, related ventures, tying them together in some tangible way increases awareness of the new product and inspires brand loyalty.

jrmck repped this.
  5. jrmck

jrmck Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I get what you are saying. But I think the tie-in is a great marketing strategy (and synergy) I applaud SSE for doing it this way. I was simply pointing out that part of our team identity is the Rowel. which for those seeking a unique team identity is very unique. I think here locally, we are the only ones who are sensitive to the fact that it is part of the Spurs logo. I am quite proud of the new badge and think it embodies San Antonio, the city, the region and the heritage to the fullest.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  6. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I'm very aware of that aspect ...
    ... and that's exactly what having black/white/silver on a team in SA does. You don't need any more tie in than that, ESPECIALLY here.

[​IMG]

^ guess who owns those guys ... b/s/w, but their own image.

There's a divisive enough feeling on them that I think they'd have been better served leaving the synergy to the colors and giving the club an image all it's own. I mean, they did it for f'n hockey.

7. jrmck

jrmck Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  8. jrmck

jrmck Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. jrmck

jrmck Member