Kicking forwards????

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by Adidas Fan, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    Hi guys,
    i was wondering what you thought about the idea of a forward kicking goals during a rugby match. I know Eales of Australia used to but he was in the second row (i think, somewhere in the pack), i am about to go to college and they are starting up a rugby academy which i want to join. I play prop at the moment and (without sounding cockey) feel i have what it takes to kick for goals but i would feel stupid telling the coach. I would like to have a go at Number 8, that's something for the coach to decide if he will give me the chance. But what are your opinions on a kicking prop? :D

PS Newcastle Falcons to have a cracking up coming season, God (Wilko) will return.

2. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'd have a few practise shots at training, perhaps while your coach is around so he can see that you are capable of kicking for goal. You can't really tell the coach that you want to be a kicker, but you can help plant the idea in his head, if you get what I mean.

3. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    I wasn't going to tell him i want to be the kicker, i was just going to say that i can kick, so he doesn't overlook me (after all who would think a prop forward could kick) and that he should give a chance in training etc. I am practising in the off-season, although we don't have public use rugby posts i use football posts. They're not the full size, they are a little shorter than rugby posts but much narrower, this will help improve my accuracy.

Can i also ask you guys a questions regarding boots, i use the old Predator Mania moulded version because over here in the Uk (not sure about in Australia) there has been questions asked about the safety of the metal blades used in the Preds. I believe they have been passed by the RFU, what's the ruling over there? I also bought the latest Predator Pulse which have metal blades but are a bit more rounded and look and feel less dangerous, have you seen them? Will they be allowed?