Ki Sung-yong @ Swansea City AFC 2016-17 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    footballchic/amosoh/rob_brighton, that is the basis for most of your trolling post. Otherwise it's unsubstantiated nutrition, fitness and conspiracy theories. Not to mention endless, tangential, stupid non-bet posts about how Mourinho will be sacked this season and how you won't make a bet on BSK (the irony runs deep considering your countless sock accounts on here). It gets tiring...

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  2. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
  3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    So i'm reading he's getting back to his best form, may this form continue until March at least.

4. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    #579 Rob_Brighton, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    You make me laugh. You tell others to ignore me whenever I express opinions and point out facts that you cannot easily refute. When others don't follow your advice and choose not to shun people expressing unpopular opinions, you resort to cyber-bullying, insults, and other ad hominem attacks. You claim that I am a miserable person in response to my statement that the quality of Ki's performances have little to do with the manager. Swansea have had 5 managers since Ki has joined. He has only produced somewhat consistent performances for only one of them -- and even then for only one season and the next season returned to mediocre performances.

As for your claims that what I am saying is "unsubstantiated," why don't you back this up with some substantial and specific examples?

Not long ago, the resident BSK doctor claimed that in Ethiopia they are not using artemisia annua to treat malaria. He claimed that they are relying on Coartem. He apparently was using Wikipedia information that is almost a decade old. Apparently he is not aware that they started cultivating artemisia annua in Ethiopia so they wouldn't have to rely on the use of Coartem. He also claimed that artemisia annua is not effective and cited a WHO report to back up his claim. But even the WHO report doesn't make such a silly claim, even though the conclusions WHO makes are untenable, especially as it cites a study where the presence of artemisinin found in the blood after consumption of a tea made from the dried herb was found to be tens of times greater than after intake of pharmaceutical derivatives.

When the people here who seem to think this guy's claims are gospel truth are proven wrong, they then tell others to ignore me for calling him out on his errors and claim that I am derailing the thread. In fact, I cautioned that unless the Olympic team is careful to avoid the mistakes they made in the last World Cup, they could experience similar bad effects. This was a very reasonable observation.

In Hodori's imaginary world, everyone plays by the rules, nobody plots to commit crime, and there are no secrets. People who claim that 110 story buildings made of structured steel (certified by Underwriters Labororatories to withstand 2000 degree fires for 22 hours with only mild warping) do not collapse at near free-fall speed due to carbon fires are "miserable" conspiracy theorists. I suppose he thinks that the thousands of professionals like nuclear physicist Dr. Steven Jones, commercial architect Richard Gage, managing architect of the Sydney Opera House Jørn Utzon, and everyone else at Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth and similar organizations are all delusional conspiracy theorists. I suppose Hodori thinks that if he resorts to name-calling, he can win arguments without addressing any of the points that his opponents make.

As they say, "Ignorance is bliss."

5. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wtf? You realize you're on a Korean soccer forum, right?

6. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    뭔놈의 트롤링을 길고 장황한 글로 하나 ㅉㅉ

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ConcernedK and nmssis repped this.
  8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sons of Thunder and chook90 repped this.
  9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
  10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At least sounds minor

822768984370139136 is not a valid tweet id

Marco91 repped this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What a win. Clement looks good so far.

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I disagree :ninja::cool:

datschge and skimmilk repped this.
  13. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice game from Carroll. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ki sit on the bench for an extended stretch. If his Sunderland days are anything to go by, he doesn't seem to have the right mentality for relegation battles.

Rob_Brighton repped this.
  14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Massive win for Swansea

nmssis repped this.
  16. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
  17. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You disagree? Does Ki strike you as the type to relish the challenge of a relegation battle?

Rob_Brighton repped this.
  18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki was one of the key members to take a horrible Sunderland team out of relegation and to the cup final.

Ceezy, datschge, Sons of Thunder and 4 others repped this.
  19. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Ki's performances under Di Canio weren't so good, and while his general level of performance improved under Poyet, ultimately he had no impact in the last few games of the season when Connor Wickham's goals were the largest contributing factor to Sunderland's survival. After the season, Poyet was reported offered Ki for something like 10 million pounds, but Poyet reportedly didn't feel that he was worth that much. If Ki is given credit for saving Sunderland from relegation, he should also take some of the blame for their being so poor for most of the season.

20. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From what I recall, Ki was a bright spot for Sunderland early on, but sorta disappeared later in the season when it got to crunch time. Downed tools saving himself for the World Cup was the popular view from Sunderland fans. Fair enough if we actually showed up in Brazil, but that's another topic for another thread entirely.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I tend to agree w/ Sunderland fans view. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't have the mentality for relegation battle w/ Swansea for this season. His mood swings & commitment in general is frustrating as it is based on certain criteria imo (such as manager he respects/trust or whatever) but atm, I think he believes in Clement (and vice versa) based on recent comments.

If Swansea survive this season, I believe they will return to solid mid-table (similar to Southampton of the past 2 season) club again. Clement has solid contacts around EU & he can attract players they couldn't w/ Guidolin + Bradley.

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    in all honesty, city was pressing well and i was kinda happy that we did not see Son out there... then here he comes in on the start of 2nd half

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well that story is wrong. Ki shut it down once relegation was avoided. He shut it down excessively but not until after.

It's clear from then, and this year that Ki does care about relegation. He's just indifferent to other incentives like making Swansea into a top half team.

Hodori and killaorca repped this.
  24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Your craziness is amusing and alarming in equal parts. Do carry on...

25. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wrong thread bud

nmssis repped this.