Ki Sung-Yong @ Swansea City A.F.C. 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he hasn't even left yet wtf

2. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Right on Hodori. I'm hoping some semblance of normalcy comes back in due course.

3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

think i like Sunderland's back line better than Swansea's...that means more time going forward...with JDG...hmmmm

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #229 takeuchi, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    WTF? How did I downgrade the image of Korea? Because I criticized Shelvey based on his Liverpool career + 1 EPL game against Man Utd? Or for pointing out Shelvey isn't better or automatic starter over Ki + JDG?

Or.. for pointing out your unreasonable statement? Ki wasn't even in Swansea's line-up due to injury towards the end. But you assumed Ki was benched & isn't in Laudrup's plan. Whatever.. :rolleyes:

edit: also, Ki's an idiot if he actually joins Sunderland on loan. nor will he be automatic starter either... especially with PDC as manager.

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Stop feeding the troll.

6. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Waiting to hear if he is starting today.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Too much of this SAFC story makes no sense. So PDC is talking to italian press about his transfers? Why a loan? Sounds hopeful for PDC and not realistic for Swansea.

8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Blind nationalism is pointing out PJS as Man of the Match (he clearly wasn't) against AC Milan & using that as an example for Ki to follow and leave Swansea.

Shelvey is bad but Ki is no better? That's why Ki should seek a move away from Swansea? How about competing for his spot instead? You want Ki to run away from competition that isn't better than him? You really think he will get automatic starting min. with Sunderland? Whatever...

9. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets all just stop feeding the troll.

killaorca repped this.
  10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol. I think PDC has a ban on cell phones. Ki would melt down.

jinseokyang and wetcrispy repped this.
  11. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know how I did it but I actually sifted through all the crap fairly quickly and managed to pick up 2 important points:

1) Swansea is playing today in an EL qualifying match
    2) Ki might go on loan

That's a bit disturbing that there are even talks going on considering he was such a high prospect for them. I guess he's considered a work in progress.

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    oh no, an article stating Ki to start today...
    happen to be similar to the one i listed yesterday :ROFLMAO: (except Britton for Canas)

http://whatculture.com/sport/swansea-city-vs-petrolul-ploiesti-match-preview.php

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And yes, Ki is leaving Swansea because an Italian sky reporter twitted about it & according to him, Honda should have joined AC Milan long time ago.... (although, absolutely nothing from English media)

Oh, and PJS didn't excel with PSV in his 1st season but of course he did since it is your "unbiased" statement.

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I believe the Guardians (which I believe was the source of Ki starting last week) explicit methodology is to use prior match lineups outside of transfer and injury. Since Ki was out due to injury at the end of last season, they slotted him back. They claim no insider info. The ones who would know are SWEP, Wales Online, and Phil Cadden, the last of which has:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...up-swans-off-into-the-unkown-in-Europa-League

16. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Ki getting loaned out is legit news, I rather see him go to Serie A or La Liga. I'm still on the mindset that Ki will never fully realize his true potential in the Premiership. He's a good player, still think he can be a better player in a different league/playing style.

17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good argument but in terms of playing style where patience and technicality rules the game, La Liga and Serie A fit him. Him as a typical deep-laying playmaker in the Serie A where they don't have much defensive responsibilities and is the first to distribute the ball...Ki would be perfect for that role.

19. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm just going to put 1 statistic out there.....
    2nd most shots to zer0 goals.
    Overrated? Maybe, maybe not.
    In terms of management if you can't last 1 season in the epl what's it to say you won't get injured again?
    ALSO who the hell gets married to someone 8 years older than yourself.
    This Ashton Kutcher , Beckham wannabe?

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh and I would also like to mention that La Liga and Serie A are less physical leagues which would be good for Ki. As big as Ki is, he's a waste of a body in terms of physicality. Premiership where everything is fast and strong with disregard to the technical game, it's just not a fit for Ki (even if he plays for Swansea, the opposition isn't going to play the same against Swansea).

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Did I say that he is or isn't going to go? Ki is a terrible fit for sunderland.

23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki would be a bad fit for majority of the EPL teams. Even if he was a fit, the opposition style counters against Ki's natural game.

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Based on PDC's history & his time at Swindon.. Ki would be the first to get benched.. or simply rot in Sunderland.

good for you because you proved me wrong once.

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Seb is mainly a winger and completely different type of player than Ki. Poor comparison.