Ki Sung-Yong @ Celtic FC 2009-2010 [R] II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Seol Korea, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Lennon said Ki had his arms down by his side and it was ball to hand. I haven't seen the match and/or highlights though.

2. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought it was a little harsh for a PK to be called.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Something like that.

Remember the great games against Man Utd. Fck. They could play nice soccer back then.

4. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol that was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that post.

The Celtic-Man Utd Uefa CL games back then was awesome to watch, very entertaining... That is what you are referring to right??

5. Tonybhoy cfc

Tonybhoy cfc New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Not every team in Europe can throw away hundreds of millions of pounds to improve their team (or should i say borrowing money of the bank and getting themselves into silly amounts of debt) so we have to build new teams every now and then to get to a high level again and that is what we are doing atm, and Ki is still a young player along with a lot of our new signings so its just a case of waiting till this team matures.

6. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    and then there are those that spend the money and still have to rebuild. Looking at you Liverpool... and even United is in a transition stage at the moment.

for all the United fanboys here, if Shrek doesn't get his head screwed on straight, if Rio can't come back to decent form, if Vidic goes or even if he stays and plays disgruntled, they cud easily tank. then there will be those saying, ManU suck, remember the days when they were going for 3 trophies every season.

In every league at any given moment there is a traditional "big team" in transition or rebuilding phase. PSV in Holland in recent seasons, Bayern went thru a horrible season in 06-07, and at the moment in the SPL, it's Celtic's turn to rebuild with youth.

the point of all this discussion tho and wot i think Tonybhoy is saying is that once you put on your team's colours it's for life. plastiks don't even figure in the equation.

7. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You clearly don't watch any Man Utd matches.

8. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    gotta give the argument more than that dude. not the right thread for it, but wot do you mean? tanking for United is finishing out of table for Europe, not mid table. it's all relative. you honestly think they're going to win the prem back from Chelsea or get back to the semi-finals of the CL this season with the team they have?

SAF will have to pull rabbits all season.

if you do, then you really are a United fan, and that's wot this argument was about in the first place. ;)

9. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    If Utd says it, then it must be true.

10. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol

11. COREANO

COREANO Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't see why they can't win it. United were only one point below Chelsea last year and their defence was plagued with injuries. Chelsea has an old ass team and are now one year older, whereas United have a relatively young squad. Also none of the top 4 team's squads have changed significantly from last year (other than City).

Can't see United doing anything in the CL though.

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Also, like to point out that Man Utd have many 'home-grown' players so that 25 man cap thing is a no biggie for Utd. Where as Chelsea, Arsenal, City and such are in no comfort zone like Manchester United.
    Another thing is that Chicharito will score more than 10 goals this season. This guy is basically the young and uncrippled Michael Owen.

13. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    This is EXACTLY what people said before last season, and look where United ended up... 1 point behind Chelsea. United will be fine.

14. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    older members gone: Joe Cole, Ballack, & Balleti. I think Deco too.

15. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Kid is on a mad run of goals but it would still be unusual for someone so young and new to the EPL to get enough minutes to score 10 goals. Seems very talented but I think still a project.

16. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    man utd is still the best team in the premier league. But in the near near future, man city will become a contender to be the best team. (they say money cant buy championships or happiness...technically this is true, but money sure helps)

17. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think MU certainly has a shot at winning back the title and making it to the CL semis with their current squad. And I'm a mere casual MU fan.

18. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    fair enuff guys. i def, hear where you are coming from. and as United fans, you have every right to feel optimistic. there's no doubt United still have a tonne of class and yes, there were a lot of uncertainties before last season after CRon left.

but i will stick with my viewpoint as a neutral and say that they will struggle this year. they're older in key positions and the kids are unproven. and if Rooney scores 10 less goals and Hernandez pitches in to make up, they will still be in the equation, but there are a lot of wot ifs this season.

they're going to have trouble scoring, and even tho as you guys say, they were still "there" last season, they never got it done in the big matches.

and as i said, for United struggling is relative. now if Fergie lands Ozil, Look OUT!

we shud continue this in the proper thread.

19. chajangsauce

chajangsauce New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Sunny So.California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Anyone see the new celtic kits ad??

[​IMG]

quite impressive :]

20. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The kid has the looks?

21. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Marketing

22. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ki Sung-Yong playing in the Emirates Cup against Arsenal right now. Murphy with a war-crime of a miss.

Announcers are calling him 'David' :(

23. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Another war-crime of a miss - this time by Samaras on a PK.

24. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ki scores!!!

25. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Ki! And Fortune with the assist lol ;)