Kevin Durr: youth YA @ Bayern Munich

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by CG, Aug 5, 2005.

1. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I was reading on Top Drawer Soccer about Kevin Durr who lives in Germany because his dad is in the military. Kevin has been in camp with the US U15NT and has been doing well. He was the starting CM for his Bayer Leverkusen youth team and now due to his father's transfer will be playing for Bayern Munich. All this points to him being pretty good. What are his dad's aspirations:

Now there is obviously nothing wrong with that but I prefer the son's aspirations:

sXeWesley repped this.
  2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Someone, preferably someone like the US U15 coach, needs to tell the dad that if Jr. is playing at Bayern Munich, the kid won't need to worry about ODP.

Also might want to mention that the kid should maitain his amateur eligibility if dad wants him to get that soccer scholarshop, which means being careful with what you take from, and who you play for, at Bayern Munich.

Definitely one worth following.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Dangit, I got scooped! Apparently Kevin really blew 'em away at the latest Region 1 camp. Incidentally I believe his brother Stefan, a standout defender, has moved clubs as well and is no longer at Leverkusen. I've forgotten where he went, may be Unterhaching. I'll try to find out...

4. Aalborg

Aalborg New Member

May 2, 2002
    soccer scholarshop.

Man, could I get one of those too? :D

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Is his brother older or younger?

6. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    older

7. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Its very intresting that two players in the 91 pool are part of professional setups abroad.

Kevin Durr - Bayern Munich (Germany)
    Greg Garza - Sao Paolo (Brazil)

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Oy! Suffice to say, I didn't get one, expeshilly for academics!

9. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Thats very promising.

10. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Kevin Durr has been playing for Morlautern in Oberliga Rheinland-Pfalz/Saar. He joined the German team January this year, after a stint at the Switchbacks (Colorado Springs) in USL. after Bayern Youth it looks like he took an extended break from soccer.

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Nice find. We can probably merge these threads:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/s-s-article-on-bayern-munichs-kevin-durr.367518/

The upshot of all this is he ended up going to (and playing at) the Air Force Academy and then signed with Colorado. A while back it was reported that he was expecting to move back to Europe and hoped to find a team there.

BostonRed and DC_Dave repped this.
  12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It appears he's now a pilot who flies the C5 Galaxy. Quite the beast.

ChicagoVT, Winoman and UniversalAdvice repped this.
  13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That's quite the sophisticated system they have for loading. "Push harder, Airman!"