Kevin Coleman at SpVgg Bayreuth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 26, 2015.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    #1 Dave Marino-Nachison, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Snip:

However, with all of his success, other doors have opened up outside of school soccer for Coleman. Over the summer, Coleman traveled to England to train with two professional soccer teams: Tottenham Hotspurs and Fulham FC.

“ did really well over there, played some games and got scouted by a couple professional teams,” Coleman said. “I’m heading back over there probably around December or January, then I can hopefully sign a pro contract.”

Due to hopes of making it to the professional level, Coleman has decided that he will not return to play soccer at Kettle Run for his sophomore season.

http://catieharper.sportsblog.com/posts/2533773/a-soccer-star-in-the-making.html

An older story that mentions Juventus and Chelsea:

http://www.fauquier.com/news/articl...er_teams_looking_at_kettle_runs_kevin_coleman

A '98 with YNT experience:

http://www.ussoccer.com/players/2014/03/15/05/03/kevin-coleman

I think this is him:

EDIT: Would like to change the title from "English" to "European" but can't seem to edit it. Ah well.

Testudo and Gacm32 repped this.
  2. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Kid seems like a pretty good player, I hope to hear more about him in the future.

3. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    My friends played against him like a few weeks ago, apparently is just a monster in the midfield. Teams have resorted to just marking him with 4 or 5 guys at a time. I believe he was in France not too long ago, looking to sign somewhere.

Gacm32 and dannd23 repped this.
  4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Looking like Germany:

Coleman, who recently completed his sophomore year Kettle Run High School, is planning to sign a two-year youth contract with FC Kaiserslautern, he said Tuesday.

He will be paid a salary, have lodging and food provided, and later a car, when he turns 18, Coleman said. He'll play for Kaiserslautern's U-19 team he said.

“It’s what I was dreaming about since I was a little kid. My dream came true. I’m happy. I won’t be coming back. I’m leaving for Germany in two weeks,” he said Monday.
    http://www.fauquier.com/news/article/kettle_runs_coleman_close_to_signing_with_german_soccer_team

The article suggests that the deal will be signed tomorrow and that he's working with an agent.

Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Kevin Coleman @ Kaiserslautern

6. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    He's playing in Germany. Start the clock for a call up to the senior team.

7. duderrama

duderrama New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Hello,

Does anyone of you know, where Kevin Coleman is playing now or where he signed in the end? I'm from Kaiserslautern, all youth teams started their seasons by now and Coleman isn't listed as a player in one of them. The last article you posted, sounded like it was a sure thing he woud sign with Kaiserslautern...

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I haven't been able to find an update on this. He would be a HS junior I believe, but Virginia public schools play in the springtime so I don't know exactly where he might be. As noted, he isn't on any of the youth team roster pages of the FCK web site, and his name doesn't come up in a site search. TDS has him with Baltimore Celtic.

9. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Is it possible it has something to do with him not being 18, like the Perez situation? Maybe he's at FCK but not listed. Or maybe doing what Flores is doing, just waiting to turn 18. The kid I knew, who kind of knew him has graduated, so I have no idea.

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Sure it's possible. He turns 18 in March.

11. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Hmmm, juniors usually turn 17. You could be (and probably are) 100 percent right, but you may want to check something. Maybe he was just held back a year.

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I'm going off the links I put in the original post. If you find something I should check, certainly let us know.

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Still not 100% clear on this one. According to U.S. Soccer, he would've turned 18 on March 1.

I can't find mention of him at FCK or elsewhere in Germany.

But a recent Va. article notes:

The Kettle Run boys soccer team lost three all-state players following last season, including Class 3A Player of the Year Kevin Coleman, who has opted to play for an overseas club team rather than Kettle Run as a junior.
    http://www.fauquier.com/news/articl...eason_preview_traversing_the_road_to_a_repeat

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I'm told Coleman may still be in Europe looking for a team.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  15. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit I haven't been able to find BL rules on youth registration, so I've been relying on others. I think there are others in the Haji Wright thread who can help.

On the surface, it sounds like he signed back in August (perhaps with an EU passport) and hasn't been fit to play until now. But, if he wasn't registered previously because of no EU passport, it doesn't make much sense.

17. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It might not be an official BL match. Couldn't he play in friendlies between registration periods?

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's entirely possible. Friendlies don't matter, in most cases, so he can play all he wants.

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaiserslautern U19 was promoted back into the U19 Bundesliga Süd / Südwest, so he'll be playing at a somewhat higher level -- and one that is much easier to track.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    #20 Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth, Gacm32 and bungadiri repped this.
  22. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scored against a lower level team in a recent friendly match:

As part of a fundraiser for with leukemia Lina Bernarding a game between the Landesligisten SV Kerpen Illingen 09 and the Junior Bundesliga 1.FC Kaiserslautern was held at the sports complex in Welschenbach front of 300 spectators. At the end of a highlight for all participants, in which the result took no great importance. So in the end won the team of Günter Metz earned 0:. 5 The goals for the "Red Devils" labeled Antonio Jonjic (2), Fabio fur Moreno, Marc Maurice Ehrmann and Kevin Jessie Coleman.

https://www.kultur-und-sport.saarland/sv-kerpen-09-illingen-vs-1-fc-kaiserslautern-u19/

Gacm32 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His game action so far from Transfermarkt:

upload_2016-9-26_10-23-52.png

ChuckMe92 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  25. FCKLady

FCKLady Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States