Kenny Saief - dual citizen of the month

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Red Card, Dec 11, 2015.

1. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Gah. Hope it's OK.

And a dude who showed up injured and tried to fight through it because it was his shot at international ball can play on my team any day. Take a note Chandler

russ repped this.
  3. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice job Moshe

4. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    [​IMG]

5. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I am gonna take a nice little step back here and get my feet set on this one.

I really believe Kenny Saief has the technical quality, the acumen, the fight and commitment to be a member of a US World Cup squad. Best case scenario, maybe, say two. Anybody you can say that about is important. I always want to pay attention if there was a new Bedoya-type, like a really compact Beasley with touch, but without less saavy, playing in MLS or Europe somewhere.

This is not about the 2018 World Cup, and should he actually vault into the squad it will be because Bruce Arena deems his quality too good to good to leave home. Who knows how likely that is.

My hope is that he improves as a player, moves up in Europe and confidence, and becomes a player of some impact for us for the next two cycles.

God knows we need all those things to be made obvious and play left-footed. His International possibilities will be here beyond this weirdly necessary Bruce Arena stint.

I just want him to come to full health and ease into the setup. He's like Marco Veratti but he's not nearly that good. Not world class, but a very specific, energetic, physical and valuable skill set. His style can move being towards the middle and back line. But it doesn't have to. I don't think that makes him a 6. And I don't think that makes him a winger.

Then again, I also remember how much I loved Edgar Castillo at Santos.

And who knows he might divebomb.

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of like him more if he came to camp with an injury and fought through it. Didn't work for the short term but long term that's the kind of guys I want on the team. In fact it's what makes the difference in players who are better or worse than their club form.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  7. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    wasent he captain vs Bolivia?

should he continue on?

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continue on what? Being a pro soccer player? I mean he’s an American dual national which means he’s due for a debilitating injury every season. But otherwise yes soldier on, why not!

9. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCIS -- dual citizen injury syndrome

10. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Looked a far cry from the player who excelled against Spurs in UCL. It may take another year to fully recover the form he had before the injury and subsequent surgery.