Kellyn Acosta Drawing European Interest

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by ussoccer97531, Jul 11, 2017.

1. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he gets an offer. PSV would be great, Americans tend to do well in the dutch league.

2. FC_Delco10920

FC_Delco10920 Member

AS Roma
    United States
    May 23, 2017
    Ehh.. Mate, spare us your opinion until you get a new profile pic- Ander Hererra probably belongs at a level equivalent to that of Liga MX

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well apparently. Nothing else I can find anywhere says otherwise.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Journalists are supposed to find the news, not regurgitate it. I think a lot of what Tenorio had in his article is new content. I highly doubt he's copying a rumors twitter account. They might get the same info, doesn't mean its copied.

5. For what reason did you summon me, unworthy worm of a disciple
    upload_2017-7-12_12-18-9.jpeg

6. Pachuca matches were attended by PSV for Lozano. So probably they announced to FCD that they were coming, as it is not done to visit the grounds of a club without them knowning it.
    Donot know if the media know about the Lozano connection, but when you're there it would be a waste of time not looking at other players too.

deuteronomy repped this.
  7. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    Dude, don't you know that 21 year old two way central midfielders with pace are, like, a dime a dozen? That's why Coquellin made it at Arsenal and never struggled.

8. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ander Herrera is United's best player and he plays on a CL team. Acosta could only dream of being half as good as AH one day.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to see him go to Germany to play against Weston McKennie.

11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's clear he really wants Europe. He's also very close with Pulisic who I assume is in his ear about it.

A bit of a shame his GC was so poor. I thought a Bund club should take a flyer on him but man, his performances probably led to any Bund clubs to back off. Probably too big a jump. So we/he now faces the issue of something like the Ered is probably the best bet as a next step for him but FCD/MLS are unlikely to sell to an Ered club as they don't really offer all that much and don't do business with them. But who knows, maybe a Bund club likes him as a project.

Other issue in Acosta's favor though is I think he has only one season left on his contract. It would be far better to move during the summer though. I absolutely hate winter transfers. Really puts players in a poor position. At 22 now really is the time.

13. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Risky though in a World Cup year, if he doesn't play like Hyndman he could be left out.

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it depends on the role and the team. In most cases, you're right. But if the team that brings him in is buying him to replace someone in August 2018, it's ideal. He spends a half season getting acclimated while the player he is to replace is playing out his contract (or playing out the year before getting sold.) A good destination would be a club with a 32 year old in the same role in the last year of his contract, or a star player likely to be sold next summer.

But there aren't many of those.

15. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So poor? You think? I thought he looked like what he was; a young player with a lot of tools but inexperienced at the international level...trying to do too much and force the game against teams dropping deep.

16. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    Liga MX is better than a lot of European leagues. Europe is a big place with a lot of leagues.

adam tash repped this.
  17. Nope, at that age the Eredivisie isnot an option as non EU players are too expensive for the mid table clubs.
    For the new season this is what the minimum wage requirement is:
    "Spelers van 18 en 19 jaar van buiten de EER, die bij een Nederlandse BVO onder contract staan, moeten per jaar minimaal 208.875 euro verdienen. Voor spelers van 20 jaar en ouder geldt een bedrag van 417.750 euro per jaar."
    So under 20 year old must earn 208,875 €€ and 20 year and older must be payed at least 417,750 €€.
    Only the top 3 pay that 417k+, but arenot going to pay that for a player without European or Soouth American experience. It's against their salary structure to pay that kind of money for an unproven player, thus angering players under contract with lower paying contracts. Players have to have considerable potential at 18 to be considered by the Dutch top 3. If you're 22, not from Europe than you're not on the Dutch radar.
    Paying some one 417k+ a year for teaching him how to play at top level isnot something we do over here.

18. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about tier-1 and tier-2 leagues

19. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my.

wsmaugham repped this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    It's always heartening to see how every player for the MLS model franchise wants to leave as soon as possible.

adam tash repped this.
  21. I saw what you did there
    [​IMG]

22. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he has any desire to play in the World Cup then this would be a horrible idea. Finish out the year with Dallas then have a month or 2; depending on when Dallas exits the playoffs, not playing, move to a team and then ride the bench and possibly get the occasional sub or playing with U-23s. I know he wants to move and make that money but I think a post World Cup transfer is the best option.

23. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does anyone know this guy's sources or does he pull shit out of his ass?

24. Nobody is providing any real stuff about PSV, and it has been weeks since the socalled PSV's Acosta visit to Dallas. For weeks the transfer news around PSV has been buzzing in the papers and magazines, but up till now no mention of KA.

25. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He pulls shit out of his ass like his next meal depends on it.