Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey: Wigan v Fulham (09/15) [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Clint Eastwood, Sep 15, 2007.

1. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Repped. That's going in my sig.

2. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy must have been unbe-freaking-lievable. What did he have, like 68 goals in only like 65 caps or something? And I want to say about 500 goals in fewer than 600 club games. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Just checked, and it's 68 in 62 internationals. 487 in 565 club games. Like I said, ridiculous.

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
  4. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. deek_md

deek_md New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Orange County
    DK -

Not sure what exactly your point was here, but I doubt it matters. My point was that "He's a not yet established player at a level that he has not yet proven he can consistently perform at." Exactly my point. If you want to dive deep and examine every nuance of his performance, great. I enjoy some of that too. BUT (here's where attention is needed): his performance thus far is fantastic but a world-class Prem player it doesnt make (yet) (we agree) and, I think it's a bit silly to perseverate on the shots off target because very few players have >25% conversion rates on shots/goals.

Again, at least he's taking chances and if he converts 20% of them, he will probably be a top scorer in the Prem.