Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey: Wigan v Fulham (09/15) [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Clint Eastwood, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Clint is ruing a couple of those misses tonight, but still a good performance from him. Really thought this was going to be the game Fulham broke the away streak, but alas it continues.

2. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Based on their records from the last two seasons, they may not break the away streak for a while!

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Healey-Dempsey will be a good front lie for this team.

4. Karl Lagodzki

Karl Lagodzki Member

Jan 26, 2000
    Bloomington, IN
    Sky Sports gives Dempsey a 6. I didn't see the game. Was Bouazza (7) really better?

5. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he may be, but he's not the only player on this team. he's got to get some help out there, but unfortunately the only player i think could help him just had surgery on his knee...

6. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    searched every site I know to find a clip of Clint's goal and could not find one. guess we'll have to wait until the EPL review show.

7. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    found it:

http://sharebee.com/f0289e7c

8. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no ********ing way... i give deuce a 7 on this one and bouazza a 4... how do you give a guy who did nothing of worth on offense, aside from one very nice dribble that ended with a bad shot on goal, a 7 and the lone goal scorer from the team who, though he missed a couple good chances, was the only one getting himself in position to have those chances?

i mean, watch arsenal... how many chances does van persie and co. get in a game? tons... and they rarely convert, they're just so good that they keep getting those chances and it adds up...

fulham gets (random estimate) 5-6 good chances to score in a match, dempsey gets 3 of them and doesn't convert on 2 so he's wasteful? it wouldn't be so obvious if he was on a team that was an offensive juggernaut... as it stands, fulham only has one decent winger and the CMs aren't really giving the forwards much to work with (smertin has scored two relatively flukey goals, he's done well as a DM this year but, he's not doing much to aid in the attack... same with davis)

those ratings are all confused... i don't get why they're always up on davis' jock... look at the fan ratings and compare them to what you've read on here...

fan ratings have dempsey at 8.1 and bouazza at 4.7... that's much closer to the truth

9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Any time I read a soccernet article or read skysports, it seems preference always flows BRITISH player who did anything gets top billing > Then established Superstar > then someone with a good manager or pull getting his player mentioned > then someone who someone else paid a lot of money for > finally a US guy or something gets trash goal or something.

10. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't put too much stock in the Sky ratings?

Just a thought.

11. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That's the best development for Fulham.

If Hughes stays steady with Bocanegra in the middle, the attackers will score enough goals to keep Fulham up.

12. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't, I was just making a passionate response to the question about the ratings... it sucks when you're reading a match report, not being able to see the match, and wonder how your favorite player on the team did.

Oh, there's Sky Sports with ratings on everyone... unfortunately, they're horrible at at it. If anything, go by the fan ratings.

13. Mullet&Talon

Mullet&Talon New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Clint maintains this pace, where do you think he'll be in January? Fulham's backline will not keep them in the top half this year. I definitely think a top ten club (or someone in Spain) will pay good coin for him if he keeps this up.

14. deek_md

deek_md New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Orange County
    ... i was wondering how long it would take to see one of these comments.. clint on to man u or chelski, or maybe barca?

maybe a little premature..

15. deek_md

deek_md New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Orange County
    BTW, watching the video of the goal, I dont think Kamara slipped it to Deuce... looks like a Wigan defender toe-poked it away and it went right to dempsey..not that it really matters though..

16. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    I think playing at this level until the mid-season mark (not necessarily same goal/assist rate...but being a dangerous, quality player) would ensure Prem teams wanting him/taking a chance with him regardless of what happens to Fulham. (at least for the next couple years).

I was shocked that Ferguson knew who he was, but he named him along with McBride and Friedel the other day. If you watched the last 2 Arsenal-Fulham games, Clint won the award for 'player most likely to be able to not get embarrassed at Arsenal practice due to skill level' award.

The kid's obviously good, but next 2-3 months are all about solidifying a reputation...which translates to $$..

17. judodono

judodono Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Club:
    --other--
    But Bouazza isn't American, so...

18. SDBhoy

SDBhoy New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    He said top 10... not top 2. That's not very extreme in my opinion.

19. deek_md

deek_md New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Orange County
    Look, my comment was that in round 6, we cant possibly know how much his stock will be up by January or May.. It's a little premature to start fantasizing about him in a top team in my opinion.

That being said, I would love to see him score 15-20 goals this season and I would love for that to continue on and for him to become one of our best field players ever. And eventually succeed on a team that competes in the CL and all that. :)

20. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    (the one the goalie saved) That was not the easiest of chances. Good, but not great. That is not an easy angle to settle a ball, and pick the corner from...

22. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    But it's one at this level you would hope your striker would finish more than not. Kinda like the first goal he scored.

23. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago

*Cringe*

Jri in full form.

24. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    The second goes down as a good chance pretty well taken and a good save in my book. Even at Prem level, those are saved, put past the far post or over the bar more often that not.

25. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Instead of hyperbole, why don't you disect and argue.

Oh yeah, its easier just to throw shite against the wall. Hope you get little smiley-faced reps for it!