Keeping the Cayman Islands Busy- The World Cup/Internationals Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have hope for Hyndman, but you are absolutely right about the others.

cokeyounut repped this.
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But... er... otherwise OK? :eek:

:giggle:

:(

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's a kick in the balls for Southgate. He schedules these two tough friendlies as the qualifying campaign was pretty easy and he loses a decent chunk of his squad.

4. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be fair, Bedoya seems to be a lot more level-headed than Altidore. He may be shit as a player nowadays, but he has been a pretty loyal servant for the US and knows what it’s like being around that camp. Might not be the ideal player, but he has been a pretty ideal professional on the international level.

As for the players, Hyndman definitely still has a shot. Bournemouth might not be his fit for a plethora of reasons, but he was playing good football at Rangers last season. Gyau was out injured for nearly two years. Zelalem is still only 20, though I don’t think he’s good enough to make it tbh.

Really not sure what I’m getting at here other than cheer up, man! A lot of these young players aren’t making it for legitimate and/or unfortunate reasons, but there are plenty doing well too. McKennie has been starting for Schalke at a pretty regular rate and looks like he could be the real deal for the US at center mid in the future.

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I guess what Im circling around (like the US player pool circling a toilet), is that it's frustrating that a lot of top tier countires produce 500 players like Yedlin or Bradley or Jermaine Jones. We struggle to find a Bedoya for chrissakes. And he's terrible. There are 50 Bedoya's in the Premier League and double that in the Championship. None of them are close to the national team.

A country of the size of the US with our resources should be producing top talent that can't be ignored and be playing in top leagues all across the world. It shouldn't be this miracle story that a kid is playing at Dortmund.

cokeyounut and Blueallthru repped this.
  6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Azpi not being in the Spain team is absolutely criminal...

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Former Blue Jack Cork gets England call up. Happy for him!

All this said, why in the ******** isn't Danny Drinkwater involved. Honestly...it's shocking.

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    More rest for him.

cokeyounut repped this.
  9. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blessing in disguise though. Has he missed a minute in PL or CL?

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Disappointed. He could have been part of the squad and asked for a sub role at best. Again, club >>>>>>>>country more now than ever. DD is the sort of player I thought would be pushing to be involved.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41927647

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I understand he's short of fitness, but getting a call-up and training is still important I would think. England need a player like DD IMO. They vall Henderson a holding mid...my ass.

12. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I see what you did there. :)

15. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can’t believe Ventura was ever trusted to guide this Italian side to the World Cup. Unbelievably incompetent manager. While the players weren’t the best Italy has ever fielded, there was more than enough talent to see this campaign through. No Insigne at all in the second leg... should’ve been starting :mad:

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did any of our fellas see the pitch during the qualifying campaign? Zappacosta, maybe?

17. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zappa played a decent bit in the second half of the group stages. Think he may have initially come in due to injuries, but stayed around the squad after that. Looked decent when the team managed to play well as a whole, but Ventura’s top heavy formation and tactics did not complement the available players whatsoever

Naughtius Maximus repped this.