News: KC Wizards planning "St. Louis Night" Sept. 13th

Discussion in 'Eads Brigade' started by Angus Podgorney, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Angus Podgorney

Feb 25, 2006
    St. Louis
    From Bernie Miklasz' column on 6/28/08:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...A4ACD878351C40AB86257476000D4AE1?OpenDocument

"The MLS Kansas City Wizards are planning "St. Louis Night" in KC on Saturday, Sept. 13. That day, the Wizards will host David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy. And a St. Louis vs. KC Reunion Game is being planned for earlier in the day. It will feature former players who played professionally in the two cities. Some of the former St. Louis players who have committed to participating include Daryl Doran, Ty Keough, Tony Glavin, Steve Pecher, Mark Santel, Mark Fredrickson, Denny Vaninger, David Brcic, Pat McBride and Joe Reiniger. If you want more information, call St. Louisan Brian Roth, who works for the Wizards. He can be reached at 913-387-3839."

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006

Eads Brigade is working on sending a group to this.

3. SilentAssassin

Apr 16, 2007
    St. Louis
    Any word yet on whether they will move the game to Arrowhead? I'm assuming they will, otherwise it makes no sense to try and get extra St. Louis fans.

4. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd definitely be interested in going in some Ead's Brigade capacity to this event.

5. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've posted things on this board twice for the LA KC game that day to no avail. I was having problems getting tickets due to them not releasing them unless I buy a 5 game package. Oh, please count me in for 2 tickets. Maybe even 3 because I'ma be jumping around so much. I even have a snare drum to bring. I'm so ready.....

If you need any of my info for this like phone numbers or whatever PM me. I need to go to this game like my life depends on it. I just spent 2 hours of my life yelling at my TV for the Galaxy.... I need it...

6. Atarian

Atarian New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    St Charles, MO
    Is this the first time that KC try to get some fan support for this side of the state? They should of been doing this for the last 11 years tring to get an STL fan support. Now that we are on the verge and may already have the deal done, by when the game is played to do this. What a blown play!

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schedule now says the game is moved to Arrowhead.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://hillcrestroad.blogspot.com/2008/08/kc-vs-stl-prior-to-sept-13-match.html

Official announcement on the KC vs St. Louis indoor alum before the game, including location and time.

Some of the KC players that have committed include Alan Mayer, Enzo Depede, Kim Roentved, Dr. Emilio John, Goran Hunjak, Kevin Koetters, Brian Loftin, Carlos Olivas, Bobby Bozada, Charlie Fajkus and Shane Steadman.

STL players that have committed include Daryl Doran, Tony Glavin, Ty Keough, Mark Fredrickson, John Stremlau, Chris Kenny, John Klein, Joe Reiniger, Jamie Swanner, David Brcic, Mark Santel, and Mike LaPosha.