Kazan 2018: Travel

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by themanlarry, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    How was the transport to the stadium? Did you take a shuttle bus?

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I just walked.... walked from my hostel to the fan zone for the first half of Saudi vs Urugauy, then walked it to the stadium from there - was pretty easy. Getting back I walked all the way to the train station to catch the airport train - that latter being a bit ambitious. For serious walkers only lol

Fevernova99 repped this.
  3. maze

maze New Member

Poland
    Apr 19, 2018
    Totally agree with above. I spent last weekend in Kazan and city is awesome. People (beautifull women), sightseeing, atmosphere, weather. Everything was perfect.

So far I was in Moscow and Kalinigrad (except Kazan). Looking forward for Volgograd, Sochi, Rostov and of course Peter as last one!

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only little criticism was security at both the fan zone and stadium was more disorganized than other cities I was in in Russia.. but the fan zone might have had something to do with the fact that that was the night of Russia vs Egypt. The security at the stadium was Iran vs Spain and the lines to get into the stadium were really bad, even over an hour before the match started.

5. Alex Belousov

Alex Belousov New Member

Real
    Russia
    Jun 26, 2018
    Hello everyone, since this forum is about the World Cup, then I think it appropriate to share this information here.

I worked with a friend to develop a useful application for fans of the World Cup

In few words, with that app you can get support and usefull recommendations from english-speaken locals from every World Cup cities in realtime chats from everywhere and don't lost in Russia during your trip with fan's guide.

Often it happens that foreign fans need some help in solving their problems and issues related to travel and stay in Russia. But unfortunately, the realities of Russia are such that not every citizen in Russia speaks English in order to help to a foreign guest. We developed our application to solve this problem.

It works really simple. Each user of the application first selects the team that he represents. After that he can view messages on the map of other fans or pin his own.

Chats are also available for each city (Kazan as example) of the World Cup 2018, where in real time the you can communicate with other fans and get support or discuss the matches. An offline guide is available in the application, which is designed to help you find answers to common questions even without the Internet and don't lost in Russia. For each country a separate chat is available so that the you can communicate in your language.

With that app you can:

- ask your questions and get answers from english-speaken locals in Russian cities
    - sell and buy tickets with tasty price
    - find parties and hangouts in any Wordl Cup city
    - offline fan's guide

Download app with links for free:

ios app http://apple.co/2th5LhC
    android app http://bit.ly/fanchats