Kansas City vs San Jose (Sat. March 18th, 7:30 PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    65 minutes gone. 2 2/3 games played. Only one sub made for the whole season so far. Watch PV run these guys into the ground and wear them out again. A particular concern considering that the main guys are getting a little older.

Buzz Killington and AndyMead repped this.
  2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    250 minutes into the season, SKC has started the same 11 all three games and has, so far, only used one substitute.

3. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, let's see. I think I've seen Zusi, Medranda, and Gerso all shoot it into the stands.

4. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opara is having a heck of a game. If he stays healthy, EPB and Ellis are going to have a hard time getting minutes.

Medranda off, FINALLY.

5. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think bukaty has always been super homer-y. I don't mind Matt so far, but I really really disliked Andy so my bar is pretty low. The sideline reported hasn't had much of anything interesting to say.

Announcer sidenote- Callum is calling for Minnesota. The teams been a mess, but I think they at least got that one right.

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations on the win. :(

mschofield and Sachsen repped this.
  7. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whew, that was crazy close at the end.

But Saad's shot, wimpy as it was - THAT, kids, is why you go ahead and pull the trigger, and try to put it somewhere where the keeper has to do something. The keeper just might mess up. If Medranda could just put his occasional shots in the vicinity of the keeper instead of into the stands, he might actually score one occasionally.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not David Bingham's night.

On the other hand, three games in, and David Bingham is Sporting's co-leader in goals scored!

Blando13, mschofield and BenDover repped this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, Ike got his hand/fingers stepped on (accidentally?) tonight. With his bad luck, something will be broken.

10. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This team isn't bad.

I thought Zusi played one hell of a two way game. Also, was impressed with Gerso. I just hope he can find the net at some point soon. He may not, but he at least gets you up on the edge is your seat. He's very good at keeping stray balls on the table.

I thought the early challenge on Dom in the box was a simple foul. Please someone, tell me I'm wrong.

New sideline correspondent is more attractive than Jake, but otherwise, a big step or two backwards. I'd like to know the real story why SKC repeateldy let loose of their best media people.

mschofield repped this.
  11. drhoades00

drhoades00 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agree with you on Zusi and Gerso.

I just tend to mostly ignore the sideline reporter unless they are reporting on someone's injury or something like that. They usually ask Peter questions which elicit the same types of answers that we all see coming. At lease she doesn't start every interview by saying, "and Peter..."

kcscsupporter repped this.
  12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    god i wish i could rep you 100 times.

13. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might as well start with "and Peter" because you know he's going to start with "yeah, look".

kcscsupporter repped this.
  14. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way:

1. We are undefeated through three games
    2. We won a game refereed by Jair Marrufo

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My concern is the lack of substitutions. Does Peter want us to suck in September?

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially with the age of our starting 11 with a number of guys in their 30s.

17. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think this team is pretty good, and it's more complete than last year's version. Sadly, it shares one core issues, which is where will the goals come from.
    To this point in the season though, I'd say that the Zusi experiment is working. I like him much more from the back than I did up top. Our midfield is very solid. Our defense is organized. And our attack, well it isn't bad, we just need a couple folks to start scoring. Right now, I have Atlanta envy on the goals scored end of things.

18. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won't take that long. The August swoon comes sooner.

19. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, and I thought we might see more bullet-dodging this year in regards to callups. Not looking the most likely anymore. Hopefully these fancy Euro guys can stay healthy and keep our players from even seeing the bench...

20. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I seem to hear center half, short for center halfback fairly often on TV and when playing FIFA. It sort of makes sense when you consider that fullbacks line up next to them. But doesn't make sense because nobody says outside full.

21. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm not done with Medranda, I'm just done with him as a winger. He was a decent fullback, but I think he needs to be a box to box mid like Roger someday.

My guess is that Medranda will end up on another team like Philly or Orlando and the manager will have a more clear headed idea about where his skills are best used.

Benny is just incredible. I heard he might have an eye injury of some sort, hope it is nothing serious. I just wish he had 3 capable goal scorers in front of him to give him the assists he ought to have.

Gerso is Gerso. He's never been a goalscorer so I am not going to criticize him for not scoring. You can see why he's not a goal scorer. I want to see more from him on delivering that final ball however. Otherwise the guy has a Espinoza size engine with incredible speed. And he works his tail off.

I really want to see Latif start the next game instead of Medranda. Vermes needs to play this kid. He's not going to develop if he is not playing. Let's get this going already. Having him rot on the bench is useless.

I think bringing back Soony Saad was a smart choice. He's a good guy to sub in because he's not afraid to take a shot and it works at an acceptable rate.

I thought Dwyer (we) were f'd over on the first call. I don't know what Marrufo was seeing but he flat out got it wrong. I sit in 110 so I didn't have a clear view of the "dive" but it seemed like a ridiculous call in light of not making a call for the one in the first four minutes.

Otherwise, the blown calls were the most relevant things Dom has been a part of. He needs to get back to scoring and soon.

mschofield repped this.
  22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But didn't you hear? We've got one of the younger rosters in the league. (Yeah, I know - not by minutes played)