Kansas City vs Montreal (Sat. June 10th, 7:00 PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Jun 5, 2017.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That was perhaps the single worst home performance we've seen all season. Still, it bears mentioning that if not for a really bad back pass from a guy who just entered the game, we take all three. I was amazed at our shot stats, though, that was most un-SKC-like.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, parker = porter. I don't disagree, but I think that alone is more than we've seen out of Salloi. He has shown he can compete in MLS (pre-injury). Salloi, I remain convinced, has shown that he can look overwhelmed and scared right now. He seems to remain one for the future.
    I'm not saying porter/parker should start, or even that he should get time, but really that I don't see PV rating him enough to count on him at that point. And, IMO, he's ahead of Salloi and Rubio remains a ? I was just making a point about our bench options at that point in attack.

3. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC can certainly play down to the level of their opponent. A loss and tie with bottom feeders is not where a championship caliber team should be ending up. I've seen them beat the dreaded bunker defense before but they didn't have their mojo Saturday night. And lastly, they desperately need some midfield help off the bench. I hope that is the target of their activity in the upcoming trade window.