Kansas City vs. Minnesota (Sun. June 3rd, 7:30PM CDT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, May 31, 2018.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and it worked!

2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention, Gutierrez gets to miss much of the really hot summer months.

Now we just have to be careful not to wear Russell out.

mschofield repped this.
  3. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    Is it as simple as Adrian Heath? He was run out of Orlando pretty quick. I was kind of surprised to see Minnesota so quick to pick him up. Granted, I don't know his background (and lack motivation to research), but he appears to be a poor MLS manager, regardless of whatever he might have done before. MUFC seems like they have some good parts, but they are awful.

mschofield repped this.
  4. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    But Croizet was still responsible for giving the ball away and the subsequent play leading to an opponent's goal. In this game it was a bit less obvious because we fended off the initial attack, but MUFC got the goal during that attack. And Croizet did his usual stand and watch as the other team rolls toward our goal.

I'm not really interested in getting excited about Croizet doing something positive on offense occasionally, because he consistently leaves the team for dead by doing something stupid in midfield and then not tracking back. I mean, at least Mustifar ran back to try to defend. I say 'try to' because he never actually caught up with the play. But he at least moved.

mschofield repped this.
  5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wan Kuzain is more of a dmid or deep central mid, right? He didn't foray forward that much. I think Busio is the more natural attacking midfielder, but he is still like 8 years old, so I get giving him time before being thrown out there.

Sachsen and mschofield repped this.
  6. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct. Wan Kuzain is a natural No.6 and seen as the eventual replacement for Ilie. SKC got noticeably better when he came on. Kuzain had a high 90s pass completion percentage. The player he replaced is lucky to complete one of three passes.

When given the chance, the academy/SPR kids have shown the can play.

7. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Are we relegating #10 to all-out "he who should not be named" status? :ROFLMAO:

8. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I've been meaning to mention this but keep forgetting. I just loved Zusi's nifty little chip over the sliding defender, passing to himself, in the buildup to Kuzain's goal. I cry tears of gratitude thinking about how lucky we are to have Zusi at freaking right back. He's a flat out legend for this club, and he's having a fantastic year with the quality offense in front of him to work with.

vividox and kcfooty repped this.