Kansas City vs Minnesota (Sat. June 3rd, 4PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, May 29, 2017.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sounds like the paperwork hasn't cleared on Didic yet, so there's no guarantee he'll be in the 18 tomorrow. That seems to big the big motivating factor for why Besler was recalled.

2. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  3. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Every game I have watched has still been a tie or win! Great goal by Ike, Couldn't tell from the stands whether Soony's shot went in, but Great work by medranda to put it to bed, and beautiful run by SAS. Another 3 goal home performance!

4. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was fun. Even when the goals weren't coming in the first half, the attack was exciting to watch.

Almost everyone played really well. Especially enjoyed the combination attacking play between Gerso, Blessing, Medranda, and Sinovic. SAS did really well defensively. Ilie was perfectly steady as always. Besler and Opara great. Melia didn't have much to do but didn't make any mistakes.

Feilhaber seemed to have a slightly off game but still fine.

The only starter who I thought was pretty much crap was Soony. Despite the goal which he probably won't get credit for, the rest of the game he didn't do much of anything good. Slow and unimaginative. Missed what should have been an easy header right in front of the goal. Rubio can't get back soon enough to be the first backup.

Also continuing to see nothing positive from Salloi. Does he need to head down to SPR to get some experience and confidence or something?

Other than that, great game and good job to Medranda and Opara for their first goals of the year and to SAS for his first MLS goal.

5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Really quiet on here of late. Strange.

I can't think of the last time a game was truly that comfortable. Maybe the Seattle thrashing last year? Minnesota fell into Sporting's trap, and hard. I do like it. Quite a bit.

Did Soony end up being given the goal? Replays are hard to judge by, but it looked well in. I mean, I would rather Medranda have it, but who scored it scored it. But yep, Rubio over Soony, very pretty please. Soony has a good turn, and that's mostly it. Though he had a really solid opportunity for a one v one with the keeper that was saved, but he crafted it through an intelligent run.

Salloi confuses me. Every time I saw him play for SPR, he looked a class above everybody there. Every time he plays for Sporting, he seems to not remember who he is.

It was a bit of a mixed bag for Blessing but I'm still very optimistic about him. He's shown the workrate, the offensive and defensive intelligence, very fun ball skills. Just sharpen up those finishes and he could be a serious threat. I get why he's not first XI, but only he and Abdul Salaam are players who I think are serious quality depth. Most other players I'm not sad if they don't play, though perhaps EPB and Mustivar qualify.

But 3-0 (should have been 4-0, where is your head Dom?) is a great result. Any day. I'll take that any day.

6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Great game to watch, but honestly, that one was over in the first five minutes when Ibarra was subbed. So much of Minnesota's attack is made down their left hand side and that basically crippled any attack they were like to create. But we did look pretty good all around. Kind of concerned with what our attack is going to look like over the next few months though...

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it's Medranda's and without VAR it'll stay his cuz the referees continued play. So heads up play by Medranda to stay with it.

I wonder if part of the issue for Salloi is that he struggles to get into the game as a substitute, I mean with the Rangers he's regularly starting so he's in from the start. Maybe as a sub he has issues getting into the flow of the game? Just a thought.

8. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    VAR is irrelevant for who gets the goal, right? Just like they double check after the game to see if a goal was an own goal or not.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if there was a question of who scored it sure, but in this case, play continued after Saad's "goal" and was not signaled by the referee, then Medranda put it away. The way I understand it, because play continued, it'll be ruled Medranda's. What woulda made it Saad's goal is goalline technology like the EPL uses.

10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I get that. Though I still don't see any reason they couldn't correct it after the fact.

11. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the refs didn't award a goal on Saad's shot. Same reason goals are never retroactively awarded when the refs miss one. That won't change until VAR comes in, and the goal would still have to be awarded during the game. By not stopping play, the refs effectively stated that no goal was scored on Saad's attempt. Replays showing otherwise doesn't change it. He got robbed.

12. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    But a goal was scored, just half a second later. It wouldn't be unprecedented to change the goal awarding. But never mind. Doesn't matter.