Kansas City vs Los Angeles (Sun. Sept 24th, 1:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about unofficially? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just surprised nothing appears to have leaked out yet.

2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC under Vermes seems to be very much a "loose lips sink ships" type of organization.

3. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Either that or "loose lips get shipped elsewhere (and you better hope no on in Siberia has interest)."
    In the modern game, we'd have heard had it been anything that's actually major, drugs, gambling, prostitution (buying or selling), drunk driving, as those would likely have shown up in police blotters and someone always sees those.
    So it's something about team rules, and the "indefinite" tag says it's serious., right?
    Better players than Ellis have been vanished over clashes.
    That said, while he simply isn't an MLS center back he's always given all he has to SKC.

4. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well that's the thing, stuff like major drugs or gambling or prostitution would probably result in a temporary suspension, not a indefinite one. Or maybe not with Vermes, but in general those don't seem like things that, on a first offense, would cost you your career at a club. It's gotta be something along the lines of a locker room brawl or some kind of of tainted team chemistry that you can't just fix. But if it's a brawl it's weird that only one person caught the heat, unless he just cold-clocked someone. Could also be something like bringing a weapon into the locker room. Or flirting with Vermes' daughter.

All just speculation, but something like this has to be on a pretty short list of possibilities.

5. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he was a player regularly in the 18 for each game , I would be more interested in getting the story. But, since he is not, I can be be satisfied waiting until the real reason is shared. I like Kevin and want to see him land on his feet when the dust clears.

mschofield repped this.
  6. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I highly doubt it was a single event or episode. You don't get an indefinite suspension for getting mad at the coach or being a jerk to a teammate or driving drunk or stuff like that. Indefinite suspension means a serious problem they don't see being fixed easily or quickly.

7. JROWE

JROWE Member

May 29, 2007
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this on youtube and have no idea why I want this to be true soooo bad.

"Anyone who shits in Zusi's locker is a hero. Make Kevin Ellis our next MLS Commissioner."

mschofield repped this.
  8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, if this is it, Vermes may never confirm the reason for the suspension.
    I actually would have a hard time believing this was all, as I would suspect a bit of alcohol might be involved in this sort of thing.
    Or, maybe, Inca is correct, and it's been going on all year and they finally caught the phantom pooper...

JROWE repped this.
  9. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    From what I gleaned in the initial article, it was an event that happened on the road (maybe), so maybe he was pooping in the opposing teams locker rooms or something.

mschofield repped this.
  10. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This is some wildly baseless speculation and I love it.

mschofield and JROWE repped this.
  11. JROWE

JROWE Member

May 29, 2007
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah apparently some guy by the name of "Richard Brie" was "reporting" this was what happened, but I can't find who he is, or who he writes for.

mschofield repped this.
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Soft-Cheese Digest?

JROWE repped this.