Kansas City vs. DC United (Sat. March 31st, 7:30PM CDT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Mar 26, 2018.

1. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Like I said after watching a couple of games, the team takes a very noticeable drop in offensive movement and attacking power when Felipe is not on the field. If both Felipe and Russell are not on the field, this team would struggle to score any goals. Russell doesn’t score a lot, but his work rate and runs on the defense cause a lot of problems for the defenders. With Felipe going out early in the second half, my man of the match was Russell.
    Shelton gets better each game. His hold up play and passes were improved and even took a couple of shots last night (that almost sounds dumb since he is the lone striker). He still has long lapses of ball watching when he should be making a run into the box, but hopefully that will come with more coaching.
    Shaloi had an OK game but he just doesn’t have the pace of DeLeon who had him covered like a blanket all night.
    Medranda was up and down all night, sometimes really good and other times, really scary on defense.
    Gerso should have put the game away late in the second half. He beats the GK and misses a wide open net with his left foot. Wow.
    Lastly, when people are saying about SKC “they finally got a clean sheet” you know its going to be a really different season.

mschofield repped this.
  2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In L.A., no less.

We really picked the wrong year to have a suspect leaky defense.

(Notwithstanding last night's clean sheet. DCU is bad. LA has Zlatan.)

mschofield repped this.
  3. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I admit, I thought, hell, he was worth $3m for the bit with the lion alone. But man that was some amazing stuff

4. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So does the goal actually go to Felipe?

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's who they're giving it to, I thought it should be an own goal.

mschofield repped this.
  6. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was clear from my view of the reply that the shot (if it was a shot, not a cross) was not going to be on frame, therefore an own goal, unless you think there was so much spin on the ball it could have bent inside the far post (highly unlikely). Extremely generous score keeping.

mschofield repped this.