Kansas City vs Colorado (Sun. April 9th, 6:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The broadcast mentioned his completion percentage I think at half. Any idea what he finished the game with? His performance seemed very much like some of Uri's games.

2. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Let's hope we at least wait until the end of the season before selling Ilie:)

In think Ilie will be better than Uri. Ilie is a much more experienced professional and there really hasn't been a break in period.

mschofield repped this.
  3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agree on Seth for MOTM. I've been a bit harsh on him at left back this season, but he definitely earned his spot last night. Not only did he have the great goal, but that assist was incredible, and he was solid on the defensive end as well. Great all around performance from him.

4. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The assist was a perfect ball. Great finish by Dwyer too.

5. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Since I have been on here bitching about the offense, I thought I better come on and say that was very fun to watch. Nice passing. Nice shooting. Ike was a beast on defense. Zusi likes the new position I think. Great game.

6. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outstanding performance and very entertaining game. Hopefully that is the new norm. Lot's of MOTM worthy performances. Wish they could split the award between Zusi, Seth, and Ilie.

7. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only complaint was that there was one or possibly two fouls prior to the penalty that weren't called. If either was called, the penalty would not have happened. I hated to see the clean sheet lost on that sequence.

Outside of that I thought the game was decently called by the referees.

Ike was a beast. He had an outstanding game.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah lots of people talking about MOTM, Ike isn't getting enough praise for his game last night, he was very good.

9. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved seeing Ilie drop so deep at times that he was playing as the lone CB. Zusi and Sinovic were bombing so far forward that we were playing a 3-1-3-3 quite a bit:

----- Saad -- Dwyer -- Gerso ----
    Sinovic --- Medranda -------- Zusi
    ---------------Espinoza ---------------
    -------Besler --- Ilie --- Opara -----

And it was beautiful. Ball distribution all around was so pretty.

vividox repped this.
  10. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ilie is precisely the dmid Sporting needed. Positionally intelligent and immaculate at passing. What a find he's been.

dagopop, Sachsen and vividox repped this.
  11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing how much the peanut gallery's tune has changed - and yes, I'm in there too.

More of that please.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Very strong possibility it doesn't last long. At Portland and at Dallas are going to be very, very, very tough games.

13. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Now we just need to play against more teams with a weak left flank, a backline lacking chemistry, and the desire not to bunker us for 3/4ths of the game. We'd be MLS Champs for sure!

14. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    We play Minnesota on May 7.

kcfooty and siskoeva repped this.
  15. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #40 Formulaic, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Boy, I needed that game as much as the team! Not only did we finally get some goals. But they were all from the run of play with nice buildup...I really hope it's a sign of more to come.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Lots of standout performances...and Soony. Still not sure why we aren't seeing more Blessing (hell, Salloi looked worth more runouts too)

edit to add: Seth not at least making bench on team of the week is a travesty.

16. hartley

hartley Member

I don't have a problem with the foul in the box on Gadji being called and resulting in a PK -- if that is all that happened. My problem is Gadji fouled to get possession of the ball. The ref needs to call the first foul. If he makes that call, there is no PK call to be made.

17. hartley

hartley Member

One other thing to note. PV has subbed Mustivar on twice as a late game defensive substitute. And both times, the other team ends up scoring. The team's marking gets messed up somehow when Mustivar comes on. I'm not saying it is Mustivar's fault. But the dynamic changes and it has cost us defensively when it should be helping us.

Sachsen repped this.
  18. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. Refs miss calls all the time. I've never been a fan of the IF-THEN scenarios in soccer. Bottom line, Mustivar still needs to play smarter in that situation.

19. hartley

hartley Member

I agree.

20. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Ilie's quality really highlights what a step down Mustivar is. What I'm afraid of is that when he gets on the field now, he is going to try too hard to make a good impression since he's lost his place, which might lead him to be over-aggressive. If he has to sub in for Ilie for some reason, fine; otherwise we might be better off subbing in Ellis, or bring SAS in at RB and move Zusi to the midfield, in a situation where we are looking for more defensive help.

21. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, all that and there just isn't really a glut of other options for midfield subs.

22. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It remains to be seen if the performance was great because of SKC or because of Colorado.

ZooCougar and kcscsupporter repped this.
  23. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    EPB has done really well as a Dmid with the U20's, it would be good to find some game time for him somehow.

24. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I noticed the same. Could be the other team heaping numbers forward. But still, reminds me of back in 2012 when we use to bring in Harrington as a fifth back. Something just goes off.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howard received a 3 game suspension for an interaction with a fan.

Here is what I assume is the interaction.
    851270643626647552 is not a valid tweet id