Kansas City vs Chicago (Sat Jul 6th, 7:30PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Jul 5, 2019.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was gonna say Chicago sucks and we have a chance, but then I saw them rend Atlanta limb from limb.

I just want to see a goal from any of Salloi, Nemeth, or Gerso. Those guys really all need serious boosts in confidence.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Russell and Medranda are both going to be available.

4. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 BenDover, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    I have real mixed emotions about this game as it is our last one as STMs. We move to Arizona in 10 days so I sold my ticket package and parking passes to a neighbor. We have been season ticket holders since 2002. We've seen great games and ugly games. We saw the Wizards beat Manchester United at Arrowhead. We watched with 2000 people in the stands at Community America baseball park and wondered what the new owners were going to call our team. We saw the ground being prepared where the eventual Sporting Park was to be built and then signed a steel beam that will be there until they tear the place down. We froze our butts off watching SKC beat RSL in the MLS championship game and cheered through a couple more USOC cups. We traveled to a lot of away games and met a lot of great soccer fans across the country. Even with the team struggling to make the playoffs this year, we will miss the game days that were fun even when the score line was not in our favor. We'll miss our group of STMs that sit around us as we have become great friends. The best we can do now is get a TV package to watch all the SKC games. We are still fans and will continue to be while living in Arizona. Lastly, I would really like SKC to kick Chicago's ass Saturday night so both SKC and I can get on the road with a win.

siskoeva, KC96, lukeD and 3 others repped this.
  5. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long has it been since we led at the half?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Seattle game we won 3-2.

7. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 lukeD, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Thoughts from last night....team worked hard. Gutierrez is most impactful as attacking mid and played great. Gerso was outstanding. Salloi is lost. Zelalem had a good game, nothing flashy but solid midfield play. Croizet's work rate and effort are admirable.

I really want to see Schweinsteiger and Fontas in a "race". That would make good half time entertainment. BS has to be the biggest waste of salary in MLS.

BenDover and siskoeva repped this.
  8. KC96

KC96 Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    @BenDover

Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and it is always bittersweet to end something one has enjoyed for so long.

On that note, SKC fans should enjoy the end of our now aging core of Besler, Zusi, Espinoza, (Sinovic). Perhaps they have it in them for one more run at glory, or perhaps that ended at Toluca this year.

At the most optimistic, on Roger's return, and with some earned confidence (looking at you, Salloi, Nemeth), hopefully we can approach our early Feb swagger and form in time to make a playoff run.

I'm very glad last night ended with a win for you, and even though we never met in person, I will miss your voice and presence at our home games.

As another long time STM at those same home games - here is a toast to our shared game day memories!

BenDover, KCFutbol and siskoeva repped this.
  9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States