Kansas City at Seattle (Sun Aug 4, 9pm CDT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 1, 2019.

1. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mellia....wow.

mschofield repped this.
  2. Kooth

Kooth Member

Sporting KC
    Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three points from Seattle feels so good!

IASocFan repped this.
  3. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well whadaya know.

4. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun match, nice win. Impressive since we played a man down for 90 minutes (Salloi invisible).

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fontas still scares the crap out of me, each and every time.

6. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't have to listen to Nate. That was good.

Can't get over Keith Costigan doing PxP. He'll always be the bartender on Fox Football Friday.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    much needed 3 points, but we almost blew it again in the final couple minutes. gotta lock it down better than that. and... i swear, every damn game we make a bone-headed turnover in midfield that directly leads to a goal for the opposition. it was felipe this time, which was surprising, so apparently no one is immune to that sickness this year.

8. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's bad when the announcers are calling him out by name, but Dunseth sure did.

9. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reflecting on the game, SKC won because of Gutierrez. He's a guy I tend to like anyway, but man he was the best player on the pitch last night and really drove the game. He can't play with that intensity that all the time, but hopefully he can get close.

The good....Gutierrez, Gerso looked dangerous (like he has all season), Hurtado playing his roll of bull in China shop/super fast counterattacking option exactly as designed by PV, and Melia being Melia.

The bad. WTF is up with Salloi? Why is he a starter? Did he even touch the ball? Both outside backs were singled out by the opposing coach as targets to attack (I thought Seth was good). Fontas is a million dollar liability. I now fully understand why Bradley let Benny go. Seattle got two goals and hit a post WITHOUT Ruidiaz and Rodriguez.

10. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    Yes, given the form that Gutierrez is in this season as opposed to SKC, I'm worrying though that this might be his last season with SKC. There has already been interest from Mexico..

I've always been relatively low on the Salloi hype even last season. He has an absolutely amazing shot (and was imo unlucky to not have at least a couple goals on his account this season), but not all that much else. This game in particular though I have to give him credit - he made a lot of great runs, but not once did his teammates find him.

Happy with the win, but it did not spark any hope in me that this season is now turning around. Definitely a win that shouldn't have been one by balance of play. Melia saved our asses so many times.. Of course our defense donated their obligatory goal to Seattle (this time by Gutierrez of all players). And how a situation can happen in the 89th minute or whatever it was where it was like 5 seattle vs 4 kc players in an away game we are leading is beyond me.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gutierrez deserves some blame there, but the other problem was Fontas' slow ass stepping up as quickly as he did so far up the field leaving a huge gap for Morris to run though. Gutierrez deserves some blame, but Fontas absolutely deserves probably just as much.