Kansas City at Orlando (Wed Aug 14, 6:30pm CDT)[R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 13, 2019.

1. oldntired

oldntired Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I spent a good chunk of the RSL game watching Salloi. He makes absolutely no effort on the defensive end. He jogs back trailing the man he should be tracking by 20 yards. You will see both Gerso and Russell bust it back and play defense when needed. Salloi no. He also had three chances behind the RSL back line. The first two he totally blew the first touch. The third he had a bad bounce but a really good player would have done something more with it. He easily could have had one or two goals. I have no evidence of this but i think he got a really big head after last years success. He was seeing himself playing in Europe for a big team. Started getting lazy this season. Got passed over by Gerso. Now has a poor me thing going on in his head and it shows on the field. Just my opinion

2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's a valid topic. I personally think he has earned one more offseason to build a roster. I know if he fails we are ten kinds of screwed, but I think he can bring us back to competitive. But if next season looks much of anything like this one, bye. He's gotten a really long leash as far as a soccer coach goes, so he would have no room to complain in such a scenario.

That said, I expect the team will hang onto him forever. I expect he'd step down in self-disgust before the ownership fires him, should results ever get that sketchy.