Kansas City at Houston (Wed. Oct 11th, 7:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Oct 9, 2017.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's really new is that Blessing was, at one point this season, shooting on every third touch. Last night with a wide open look and from, what, 8? he tried a pass that never looked like it would succeed, and certainly wasn't going to leave Gerso in a better position.
    At the same time, I thought overall Salloi had one of his better complete games. his defensive work was solid and his workrate was impressive. But he was danny noshots, at least nogoodshots.
    Gerso's confidence looks toasted. I didn't get Blessing last night, he was fantastic until it came time to do the one thing I thought he arrived knowing how to do.
    Our backup keeper is not going to be the next Melia, is he? He looked like a USL keeper, and a very nervous one.

2. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never thought I would say this, but I miss Kronberg. Neither backup keeper looks good.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I though Zendejas has looked fine for SPR, a little green still but decent. I'd rather give him his MLS debut than see Dykstra again. At least that way if he messes up we can chalk it up to growing pains/experience.

4. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree on Zendejas over Dykstra. Still miss the days when EK was our backup and you knew you would get an almost MLS starter quality payer when Jimmy was unavailable.
    Dykstra was totally at fault for second goal last night. As a former keeper, if the ball is in my 6, its my ball. Let's hope Tim's injury isn't that serious.