News: Kaka gone... now Pirlo to Chelsea???

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by DIECI, Jun 9, 2009.

1. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    WOW not looking good for Milan in the last 24 hours.... Now Pirlo looking to move to Chelsea? Milan would lose their top 2 creative center fielders!
    Whats going on to this Milan team????? Hell if they want to sell PIrlo send him over to Juve! :) At least he stays in Serie A!

"Dal Sud Africa, dove si trova con la nazionale, il centrocampista sembra confermare la trattativa con i Blues, dove lo attende Ancelotti"

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Milan/09-06-2009/leonardo-kaka-50510078554.shtml

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why would pirlo be untouchable but not kaka??? :confused:

the only true untouchable is pato, if they sold him i would be apoplectic, the others, especially older players who have been underperforming/injured the past couple of season(s), if the money is right and the player is not being forced out...then do it and rebuild with younger, hungrier players. if that means pirlo is sold, then so be it. plus, you guys are probably getting d'agostino anyways, so you wouldn't need a regista. ;)

3. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    yes please!
    pirlo is well over his prime, so give me good price so that we can get a good young midfielder and im all for it

4. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hopefully i get to start the seedorf thread :p

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirlo hasn't been great for Milan since 2005. He seems to play better for Italy. And his performances for the Azzurri have been declining as well. If the rumored price of 30M from Chelsea is true than Galliani would be a fool to reject it. Oh, wait :(

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, that is what finally convinced me as well. pirlo was very good for italy, which led me to think he could turn it around for milan if play was adjusting...now the past year his play has faded for the azzurri to boot (compare performance versus brazil in 09 to portugal in 08 or france in euro 08).

plus as you mention, he ain't been great since late 05, when he faded badly the tail end of 05/06, since then he had a good but not great end to 06/07, very good first half of 07/08, pretty mediocre from march 2008-now plus had a serious injury and is now over 30. It's clear that he is probably never going to regain his form the first 3/4 seasons at milan, or even his 2007 form.

I know that hernanes may be a little overrated (i have watched him in the olympics and now quite a bit on goltv in the brasilerao and paulista) and he is occasionally careless in possession and his long passing isn't a truly elite level, but then again he is well built, works hard, still exquisitely skilled (though sometimes over-elaborate, he does step-overs occasionally when there is no need) and can deliver excellent set pieces, plus i think part of his stagnation at sao paolo this last season has been they don't have a true playmaker to go with him and he is overburdened (almost similar to how pirlo is for italy now without totti there in fact where they have to drop deep and start play and then go forward while the team waits for them to catch up until they can create, though marlos looks pretty good), but i think he is still a good dopo-pirlo.

7. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ah geeze..its just sad now...were gettin rid of our core players...the people that make milan milan..maldini at defense, pirlo orchestrating the midfield...n kaka our bright star....if gattuso had ne type of offensive skill i feel like hed be gone too =(

8. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sometimes you have to clear out for rejuvention, like a forest fire clears the underbrush. pato= new kaka, hernanes= new pirlo, ...well nobody equals new maldini, so i won't even put it. :p

9. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Yep.
    Holding on to the old school for to long is what got us in this place
    we need to fully destroy and rebuild to keep up, otherwise, inter and the english/spanish topteams will be even further ahead of us

10. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When will the rumours start on slowdorf leaving!

11. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They did, but he quickly shut those rumors down, he said he dosen't want to leave Milan, and has two more years on his contract.

Seriously, just go Seedorf, please.

12. midnightman

midnightman Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Maybe they did but the whole process is just *slower* for Seedorf

13. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i kno..it just seems like were havin a firesale this year....not so much reinvesting in the team, just downsizing...of course would we be betta off w kaka or sellin him? time will tell to c who we buy n how we use money...its just sad to see em goo

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    ....:D

15. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, that's what we need. To get rid of the players that aren't making Milan Milan anymore. Maybe that's why we cant win the scudetto. Some of the old players like Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi aren't cutting it anymore.

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, i agree with the premise, but inzaghi and gattuso this year were really good, if they went, then all of milan would have to go. can't throw the baby out with the bathwater

17. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Gattuso can stay injury free then he will be good for Milan. We have Ambrosini who always performs for Milan that's why I feel it wouldn't be so bad if Gattuso left. About Inzaghi, where is he going to fit with Leonardo's tactics/plans?

18. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    probably the guy to bring off the bench, he won't start though, but more as a super-sub i'd think

19. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    what made MILan Milan was the fact that this place was a family..players wanted to come here because the team doesnt treat them as property, they are part of a family, this no one wanting to leave...thats why we havent one a scudetto, possibly, but id ratehr have a team based on good values than a team that wins trophies to be honest wit u...when was the last time u heard about a superstar wantin to leave milan? when was the last time we held a guy against his will? few years ago we have Cristian Vieri on the team, he wasnt playin enough so we decided to release him so he can go sumwhere else n play...RELEASED..we didnt sell him to a team to get money, we let him go for free...same thing wit Rivaldo..we didnt sell him, he was unhappy wit loss of playin time ne he was let go for Free...this team was never based on money, but more feelings...it worked out for awhile but i guess now its time to get rid of our players..i love pirlo n gattuso, there my fav players..so to see them go would be hard to swallow..the kaka selling while bein sad i can understand...im just bitter..i never liked the idea of sellin our best player no matta wat..id rather have kaka at 80 percent for the next 5 years or to end out his career than to take a risk wit new guys...o well just me venting
    smart business move? yes
    saddening days ahead? maybe...

20. trickybeans redded

May 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you guys should sell him I personally think he slows u guys down.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've waited 6-7 years to say this.......

MA VA KAKA!