Kai Koreniuk at AZ Alkmaar

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 31, 2013.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    847721618298224640 is not a valid tweet id

847509784471281667 is not a valid tweet id

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    847850615866888192 is not a valid tweet id

Vitessefan#1, Winoman, ChuckMe92 and 4 others repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Obviously some friction there between Koreniuk and Vitesse. Players don't go public with stuff like that, unless there's a problem. And we also know from his situation at Vitesse that there already might've been a problem between player and club.

4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should relay to Tab that they're jerking him around somewhat to hide him, so he has context on the rest of his season. What he already did was more than impressive enough for an invite to the u-20 WC, especially considering the struggles they had at cf in the CONCACAF ships.

Then, Kai can use that competition as a springboard for his next contract, somewhere else. If they are trying to lower his price artificially so they can get him back on the cheap, that's not an organization you want to continue dealing with.

I would think it's highly likely to work out for him whether he starts or is Wright's backup. It's added exposure/prestige either way, and there's something to be said to limiting his minutes to reduce risk of injury before he can get paid. At his age, and between what he did leading the Tweede in scoring, plus whatever he does in the u-20 WC on a team who I think is poised to make a run; he shouldn't have a shortage of suitors. He could latch on to a better club than Vitesse, or just a different one that will play him. The latter may be the best for him at this stage of his career. Ajax would be a good split of the difference. Leggo!

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can you elaborate? is there something we don't know about him and the club?

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Look on the previous page. His contract situation.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might Koreniuk have been released by Vitesse were this a Netherlands camp? Is he not being released in part because this is an American camp? There's likely more going on than that (his contract situation), but I wonder if the specific callup itself is part of the equation. The fact remains he was allowed to go to a Netherlands camp about a month ago.

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Possible, but I really don't think so. We aren't a big rival for Netherlands and he's a U-19 player that for all we know might not eventually be good enough for either senior NT. He's not Messi.

If this was a player playing in Mexico who was eligible for USA and Mexico, I would say you are probably right, but not this situation. Doesn't make sense that would be the case.

LouisianaViking07/09 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tweet deleted...

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how's he rated by them? is he just a regular prospect ?

11. Vitessefan#1

Vitessefan#1 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Justin Kluivert, son of international Patrick Kluivert, plays Kai's position as Left forward In U19 for the Netherlands. He is an amazing talent, he started with Ajax in eredivisie for the first time today. While he is in place I do not think Kai has a chance to play for U19 in the Netherlands. They are following Kai though, he is a scoring machine, getting stronger and faster every year!

12. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We should b locking him up.

13. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Sorry I missed this. What was the jist of it?

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The internet gives up her dead and forgotten:

upload_2017-4-3_11-51-28.png

15. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #165 thedukeofsoccer, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Kai has scored another couple goals recently, because they now have him up to 20 goals on the season, 10 for Vitesse 2 and 10 for u19.

http://www.vitessejeugd.nl/Teams/Spelerinformatie/Onder 19/Koreniuk/Kai.html

Here is a recent match report translation:

2-1 loss to Roda:

I believe he also netted in a 4-0 win over Voldendam.

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see discernible improvements in his strength and athleticism from his highlights. And I think he's deceptively good on the ball, having the ability to beat a player or two off the dribble to get a shot or pass off. He has a pretty poised and slick game it seems. He's semi-versatile. He's playing left wing for u-19's, no? If so, that makes his goal total extra impressive.

I think he gets provisionally cap-tied to the U.S. by playing for them in the u-20 World Cup, that makes it a lot tougher for Netherlands if they're interested later, they'll be apt not to rush it because of their stature, and most indicators are he prefers to play for the U.S., so that's what it's highly likely he'll do. Kluivert has good pedigree, and then Jizz Horn can spray balls all over the place. You'll be fine.

Vitessefan#1 repped this.
  17. Vitessefan#1

Vitessefan#1 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes, he is playing left wing for Vitesse U19, but the Dutch National U18 team had him as a striker last year, he also did very well in that position. It was a joy to watch.

18. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    No, it wasn't a joy! It was a mess. He looked awful. Forget whatever you saw of him playing for the Netherlands. I think that the Dutch National setup should never call him in again.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  19. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did already call him into a camp with the u-19's and you're not going to influence Netherlands to back off and let us have him by trashing him on the Big Soccer YA sub-forum. It's highly likely you don't need to do that anyway. It sounds like he wants to play for us. And good thing because he's tearing it up even in the Tweede (and likely would be part of a solid side in the Eredivisie if not for reasons unrelated to performance). I'd think that's a higher level than international u-18's. So regardless if he actually did struggle for the Netherlands, it doesn't matter much anymore. He's developed since then. You can see it in his body and movement.

20. Vitessefan#1

Vitessefan#1 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    http://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/jeugd-mannen-onder-18/64234/knokkend-onder-18-klopt-duitsers
    1-0 win over Germany: Koreniuk only one that scored.
    http://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/jeugd-mannen-onder-18/63774/onder-18-verplettert-servië-0-4
    4-0 against Servie: Koreniuk scored. @LandonDonovan2018 What game are you talking about?

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  22. VitesseCFC

VitesseCFC Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Arnhem
    Club:
    SBV Vitesse
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think so. Both Jong and U19 need him badly as they are fighting against relegation. Why is there a training camp of the USA U20 just one week after the international break anyway?

23. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
  24. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Again, it's all sarcasm. He's a fantastic player from what I've seen. I just hope that Tab maybe takes a flyer on him for WC this summer (and that Vitesse releases him).

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They schedule it at weird times. Preparing for the U-20 WC though.