K-League thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wed May 21 scores and attendances

Daegu 2:1 Daejeon (att: 8540)
    Suwon 0:0 Ulsan (att: 12260)
    Seongnam 0:0 Busan (att: 6747)
    Gwangju 1:4 Anyang (att: 1750)
    Bucheon 2:2 Jeonnam (att: 3324)
    Pohang 1:2 Jeonbuk (att: 1320)

Busan travelled up north to post-defeat Seongnam and came away with a 0-0 draw.

Despite the point, Busan drop to 11th on goal difference, or tied for 8th with four other clubs.

Decent footie from Busan: not too many long-balls, and great passing at times.

Harry and Urumov up front, likely meaning Tommy's being rested for the rematch on Sunday. Urumov had several fine chances, but blew them all. He often chose to take on up to five Seongnam defenders rather than pass to an open teammate.

Some things will never change.

2. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    [​IMG]

hahahaha

sab jil gae chun soo
    so so true

3. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Errrr, what's "sab jil" mean, then?

4. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    sab jil is basically shoveling
    it means as a slang to do something really stupid or pointless or acting stupid

eg) a friend does some dumb dance and singing out of tune in a mall. u say to him "sab jil ha nya?"

kapish?

5. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Classic.

Did not know what a sensitive little girl Lee CS was. What a little bltch.

Ha Gin, goo ruhn jot gaht tuhn uhl gool ga jee gon, uh jjuhls soo uhp jee

6. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Chun-soo wasn't fined or reprimanded by that gesture? Or was he?

In Europe, a player making such gestures to the crowd are either fined or suspended. Remember Stefan Effenberg in 1994? He was on the German national team playing Korea in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas during our final group game... when he was substituted, and the German fans gave him stick, he raised his middle finger. That was the end of his national team career as Berti Vogts sent him home.

In the 1980s, Barcelona played Real Madrid in the final of the Copa del Rey in Madrid (Bernebau). Because the Copa del Rey is translated as the "King's Cup," King Juan Carlos always attends this match. When Barcelona won the match, Bernd Schuster went to all four sides of the stadium (predominantly occupied by Madridistas) and stuck both his middle fingers up... and in full view of royalty. Can't remember what happened though...

In 1997-98 season, Giovanni scored the game winning goal for Barcelona against Real Madrid in the Bernebau and made the "f-you" sign with his arms to the Ultra Sur... he was fined the equivalent of $10,000. In fairness to Giovanni, he did the gesture after he suffered a torrent of abuse by the Ultras.. he had to listen to the chant, "Giovanni, disfruta, su madre es una ************" (Giovanni, have a good f--- your mother is a whore). Considering the sign of "sab jil gae Chun-soo" the kid has to learn to control himself if he can't even put up with that. Imagine if he goes to Europe and opposing fans start making fun of the way he looks or his race? We might see another Cantona kung-fu display considering the tame ribbing against Suwon.

7. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If he thinks that sign's bad, he'll be in for a big surprise on August 20 when U**a* come back down south to Busan.

I've already started the preparations...

8. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any way to find out ahead of time if games have been called off due to rain?

It's about 4 hours prior to kick-off, and down here in Busan it's been raining lightly yet steadily for the past 24 hours or so.

Supporters club prez told me there wasn't any word from the club about cancelling the game as of an hour ago....

Anyway, once they call it off, where do they post it? What are some places to keep an eye on?

I'm asking here because you lot were quick to post when those Wednesday games were cancelled a couple weeks back.

Cheers.

9. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Busan-Seongnam has indeed been cancelled due to rain.

10. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    SUNDAY

Daejeon 2-0 Daegu (att. 16570)

[​IMG]
    Daejeon's Kim Eun-jung scores a pair against Daegu

Anyang 0-0 Gwangju (att. 6472)

[​IMG]
    Anyang bloke Bak Yo-seb collides with Gwangju 'keep Kim Yeong-cheol

Jeonju (Chonbuk) 2-2 Pohang (att. 14096)

Busan RAINED OUT Seongnam

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I have been missing in action. I want to see some more K-league action now. It seems that the Koreans are overreacting with the Lee Chun-soo thingy and the Suwon thingy again. Weird. I thought it was hilarious. Anyway. Tomorrow is unofficially my last day of highschool. Word. Tomorrow is the day i buy Korea v Argentina tickets. Word. Can't wait til i flick off Saviola. If I get seen on TV hope the entire country doesnt say anything about it. How great would it be if he flicked me off too. GREAT. Im out. pz.

12. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    For whom is this league made for?

When I went to the Korea v Argentina game a few days ago, I noticed a large banner in front of the North Section of the stadium that read, "Those who wear red: Do you remember C U @ K-league?"

Of course, when I entered the stadium I was greatful for the fans in the E-section for wearing their highly treasured "be the reds" shirts despite the horrible weather. I was greatful for their passion towards the national side.

The ones who made the giant banner on the north section were the fans of the Daejeon Citizen. Soon, I realized that I was too, in fact, a lazy bum who jumps on bandwagons and use a non-existant Seoul F.C. as an excuse. But my love for football is unquestionable. And it came to me then - that there are so many untamed football-crazy lovers just like me..who dust their "be the reds" shirts after digging them out from their closets..

Last night, on the 14th of June - also the day celebrating the day where the Koreans first tasted the feeling of advancing from pool play, the Bluewings called in the Citizen to their home. It was time for revenge. As you can read in Devon's article, the Citizen created unforgettable banners that were abusive towards the Bluewings fans the last time these two teams played at Daejeon. However, to the fans of the Bluewings' surprise, the fans of Daejeon were not there. Instead there was a stage created by KBS that took the spot of the away supporters.

[​IMG]

The people started to stroll into the stadium, and again, they were never on time. The prompt supporters started to sing and yell their chants, and the away supporters took spot in the A or the East section among with the suwon folks.

[​IMG]

14. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    cont

Only the ones who are knowledgable of the newly strung Suwon - Daejeon relationship would've of guessed: They were only divided by a fence. What couldve happened? However, instead only banners humiliated each other.

[​IMG]

...and nothing less or nothing more. They could not be offended by each other because they were humiliated and furious at KBS. The national broadcasting service.

15. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks dude. Why did they do that? In case it get a little rowdy or something? Well, I imagine the atmosphere must've been a lot more tame then it would've been.

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    cont.

"F.u.c.k off KBS. Don't ignore us"

[​IMG]

"Good show @#$!^!#-ing KFA."

[​IMG]

The truth is, the fans of the league did not want a concert at the soccer game. They wanted soccer. Not a slutty show. However, they were ignored by KBS..in the name of the glorified "one year world cup special".

Soon the game ended with Daejeon being victorious and the supporters left the stadium. While they were leaving they saw endless rows and rows of highschool girls who once packed the stadiums to watch Kim Nam-il or Song Jong-guk, entering the stadium after the game. Of course, the concert ruined the game and the supporters. But it seemed to keep the highschool girls happy. Perhaps this is a league for the highschool girls and for the ones who dig out "be the reds" shirts by the occasion..not for the ones who waved their Bluewings scarves at national games and not for the ones who give up their weekends to watch a pitiful game of soccer.

17. red fire engine

red fire engine New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    yep, you nailed it there.

this league has no idea who the hell it's target is. Traditionally professional sport has been supported by middle-aged men, but in Korea if you take a look at the hard-core supporters you will see row after row of highschool girls and first year uni students.

There were about 20 Ulsan people who bothered to make the trip to Seongnam. Maybe 15 of them were 20 year old girls.

They need to sit down and work out how to get everybody to come along. Everything in Korea seems to get sold around k-pop. Even my college entrance day featured several well known singers that had nothing to do with our school at all.

Boring

If I wanted to see a pop concert I will go to a pop concert. I don't expect to go to a pop concert and see a soccer game either.

there was also a concert at seoul world cup stadium which had about 20,000 screaming girls at it as well. Everybody stood there and talked about how great it was and who they liked. Meanwhile these same players are running around in the k-league and no-one gives a stuff.

I went to the Uruguay game and saw that 'remember cu@k-league banner. I hoped plenty of people saw it and felt some pangs of guilt.

i reckon that the incheon team could go off next year if they work out how to sustain peoples interest beyond the first 5 home games.

rfe

18. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    My god.

I reckon all 12 clubs team up to get the idiots who run the K-League turfed once and for all. We need football fans to run a football league, not some former Kia rejects.

Good on the people who made signs telling KBS and the K-League to get stuffed.

19. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tonight's K-League action [R]

Suwon 0-0 Busan

Woo! Clearly, Busan owns the league.

Other final scores:

Ulsan 4-0 Daejeon (yikes! and we get to play wounded Daejeon on Saturday!)

Jeonnam 2-1 Gwangju

Seongnam 3-3 Anyang

Jeonbuk 1-0 Bucheon

Pohang 1-0 Daegu

20. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Nice to see Korea's future stars doing well in the K-League.

Choi Sung Guk now has scored in three consecutive games with a total tally of four goals.

Jung Jo Guk, after a taking his time to get settled is now on a roll and scored two goals against Sungnam, though one was a penalty. His goal tally is now upto six, which is pretty impressive considering the leading candidates for the golden boot has eight goals to their names (Magno and Kim Do Hoon I think).

Lee Dong Guk also a scored a goal taking his tally to seven goal.

21. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Can you specify the scorers of the goals for each match? Does the KFA site has those details?

22. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
  23. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    [​IMG]
    Daejeon - Ulsan

[​IMG]
    Gwangju - Jeonnam

24. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    TUM DE TUM DE TUM!

Behold! The greatest K-League rivarly ever! The most intense rivarly in all of asia! Only if they had people going to the games and realizing that this is far greater than Korea vs Japan!

It is time. To discover the truth. The hidden truth of the true champions of the Far East.

The almighty defending winners!
    The Suwon F.C. Bluewings!

VERSUS

The Anyang LG Cheaters!

The mighty rangers of the City of Waters, Suwon F.C. have defeated the ridiculously low Anyang Cheetos 3 - 1 on home field. This time Anyang craves revenge at their own dusty Anyang sports complex!

How ridiculous.
    This game kicks off at 19:00 Korea time.
    The game will not be broadcasted by anywhere!

ALLEZ LES BLEU!
    Anyang 0 : 4 Suwon
    °ÝÆľȾç

Lets just hope that nobody breaks the chairs this time, Anyang!

[​IMG]

25. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001