K-League thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    A few pics: (from bluewings.net)

[​IMG]

a very welcoming banner that reads: "id kill myself if i was a suwon supporter"

[​IMG]

how friendly. "get the **** outta here"

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    [​IMG]

-what are they looking at?

They are looking at the site of a Daejeon supporter ripping down one of Suwon's banners that read "Suwon Love" after they ripped down the very welcoming banner by Daejeon - "if i was a suwon supporter id kill myself"

[​IMG]

3. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Gotta love those pics! This thread rocks!

4. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Write Ulsan off at your peril. :)

5. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Is that the middle finger on daejon's banner? lol.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    very unclassy thing that he did. he should be get fined + be suspended for next couple matches (or is he already suspended?)

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Close-up view of that banner.
    [​IMG]

Daejeon supporters vs Suwon supporters in the field. Do they still hold a grudge against each other since that infamous incident last year?
    [​IMG]

8. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    What's up with Kim EunJoong being called as Coelho's next Hwang Tae Ja? What has he brought to the table? All I have to say is Daejon's success will not last. They suck.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    You bet. I honestly don't got anything against Daejeon or their supporters..i actually find all of this friggn hilarious. However, the matter seems pretty serious i guess..to Suwon's supporters..can't wait til the rematch. I'm actually thinking about going if i can get some of my friends to go this time.

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    To be honest, I like how Coelho is just putting players that have been tested on the K-League field on his narrowing list of 23 players for the Asian Cup. Dunno about Kim Eun-jung, though. Better than no name high-schoolers I guess. I'm just glad that Coelho's sticking to the league and not looking at amateur and highschool pitches (like how Guus and Huh Jung-moo did) to fill out his entry. The League should always come first.

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    [​IMG]

Lee Dong-guk. A very mysterious fellow. Should've gone to Europe. Now he just sucks. Then again...a hat trick yesterday. Interesting.

12. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Gwangju only would have had a single goal had Busan not been given a ridiculous red card early in the match.

Essvee, you're off to Syracuse? Any plans to support their new football club? They won their first match 3-1 a day or two ago. They've got streaming internet audio in case you're interested in listening....

Oh, and most of those photos you posted don't work anymore.... any chance of you fixing me, or of giving me a link to another website with them? I'd love to see them all....

13. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    The photos are working fine to me.

14. Seoul Man

Seoul Man Member

Sep 17, 2001
    World Wide Web
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not too mysterious. Just a victim of a grueling K-league schedule, an injured knee, then being overplayed in the Asian Cup where he tied for the scoring lead including a golden goal win over Iran with a leg heavily taped. He did play briefly with Werder Bremen in Germany, but did not perform well.

Ko Jong-soo is another talented player from the WC 98 team who may never live up to his potential internationally due to injury. How is he doing in the J-League these days?

Both seemed to let the success early in their careers, coupled with injuries, slow them down.

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    They have a football club in the city? I know that they have a minor league baseball team..had plans to go watch the varsity team their but since i prolly will die of my studies i dont know if i'll have a chance. Will go see the metrostars here and then when i go to nyc tho. Can i get the club's website url? thanks

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I still believe in Dong-guk. We'll see.

17. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Most of the pics work now, but a couple still seem to be stubbornly refusing to load....

Anyway, Essvee, here's the Syracuse FC info for you:

Syracuse Football Club official site: http://www.syracusefc.com/syracusefc.pl

Syracuse forum: http://forum.syracusefc.com/

Syracuse FC (aka the "Salty Dogs") are the newest club to join the 19-team A-League, which is effectively America's Second Division. Syracuse have an excellent local derby against fellow New York suburban club Rochester Raging Rhinos, who generally have attendances above the 10,000 mark, and were recently named by the Sports Business Journal as one of the top five sports franchises worldwide (along with Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Lakers, Manchester United and the New York Yankees - http://uslsoccer.com/home/55778.html).

In other words, forget the Metrostars! Support your local!

Here's some other good websites for you:

A-League website (unofficial, fan-run): http://www.a-league.com/
    United Soccer Leagues website (official): http://uslsoccer.com/
    USL forums (fan-run): http://www.usldiscussions.com/

Enjoy!

18. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    now that's a stretch.
    maybe the top small market franchise but certainly Rochester is not at the level of the Lakers, Packers, Man U and Yankees (these are all big boys playing in big leagues).

19. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks for all that dood!

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Something to think about

This is from Blue and White Army's Busan forum by a member by the name of nyujeelandsaram.

21. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    So, Blue and White Army, are you one of those foreign supporters? Your love and passion for K-league and especially for Busan I.Cons really impresses me. Even the locals wouldn't have that much passion for the team!

I read an article about some of foreigners residing in Korea who joined the local teams' supporters group. And It was really great to watch them in the stands getting mixed up with the local supporters, singing and dancing together. :)

22. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yup, I am indeed a foreigner. From Canada, to be precise.

Football is in my blood, so there's nothing I'd rather do than support my local. Heck, if my nearest club was a K2 team who averaged 200 fans per game, I'd still be there every weekend with bells on.

Still trying to find a store that sells flares, though!

23. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    don't think u'll find flares anywhere or it u can, it'll be hard as crap..i heard that u have to be registered or something like that to get flares...

24. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Today's games:

All rained out.
    Anyway the mighty Bluewings play the Anyang Cheaters @ home.

Forza Bluewings.

25. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Any Anyang supporters out there?

[​IMG]

Today is the day we eat cheetos..or maybe tomorrow..whenever they actually play.