Juventus vs Real Madrid | UEFA Champions League Final | 06.03.17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, May 28, 2017.

1. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

Juventus vs Real Madrid
    UEFA Champions League 2017 - Final
    Venue: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
    Referee: Felix Brych
    Saturday; June 3, 2016
    20:45 CET
    Time Zone Converter
    Notes:
    • We will both be competing for our sixth UEFA Champions League final, equaling AC Milan's record.
    • Should we win, it will be the tenth UEFA Champions League win for a Spanish side – twice as many as the next highest-ranked nation, Italy.
    • Cristiano has hit the target in all four of his appearances against Juventus – five goals in all.
    • Cristiano (2008, 2014) and Ramos (2014, 2016) could become the first players to score in three UCL finals. They are currently two of five players to have scored in two finals, along with Raúl (2000, 2002), Eto'o (2006, 2009) and Messi (2009, 2011), a list that Marcelo, Bale and Morata could join.
    • This will be the 19th UEFA competition meeting between us – all in the European Cup – Each of us have eight wins and two draws.
    • International team-mates:
      Toni Kroos & Sami Khedira (Germany)
      Marcelo, Danilo, Casemiro & Dani Alves, Alex Sandro (Brazil)
      James Rodríguez & Juan Cuadrado (Colombia)
      Mateo Kovačić and Luka Modrić & Mario Mandžukić, Marko Pjaca (Croatia)
    • Former club-mates:
      Danilo, James Rodriguez & Alex Sandro (FC Porto, 2011–13)
      Danilo & Alex Sandro (Santos FC, 2010–11)
      Toni Kroos & Mario Mandžukić (FC Bayern München, 2012–14)
      Mario Mandžukić & Luka Modrić (GNK Dinamo Zagreb, 2007/08)
      Karim Benzema & Miralem Pjanić (Olympique Lyonnais, 2008/09)
      Dani Alves & Sergio Ramos (Sevilla FC, 2003–05)
    • We are the fifth reigning champions to return to the final the following season, the most recent being Manchester United in 2009.

And last but not least, everyone's favorite line:
    • No team has managed to defend their UCL trophy (modern format).

But records are made to be broken...

Make us proud boys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You too, let the legend go on...

[​IMG]

Hala Madrid

Aimar 21, manofsteel, Xehanort and 27 others repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It feels like we haven't played in forever.

Last game of the season. Sad!

Aimar 21, manofsteel, Xehanort and 9 others repped this.
  4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    djak_24, Mimadridsta and Estel repped this.
  5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Already? yeah.. don't know how i will work next week, still 5 days left and all minds just in this match.

Doni, RMSocrates and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you CP..... nice thread.

It does seem like we've been out of action for a month. Maybe because we've had 2 games a week for almost the entirety of the last 2 months of the season.

History can be made by us. Great to see Carva will start. He is crucial. I am also certain Zidane will start Isco. He won't risk Bale, again. Cristiano on the verge of history as well. Nobody has scored in 3 finals, I think. And Zidane...... imagine if we win, what a start to a managerial career. Wow..

I can't wait for the game. We can do it!!!!!! Hala Madrid.

7. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Score first, score early and make history.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We'll be playing in the purple kit since we are the away team. I didn't like that. All of our recent wins in CL finals have come in the white kit.

I read that the fan zones being set up in Cardiff might be cancelled because of the attack in Manchester and the UK being on high terror alert. But since then the UK have taken the terror alert down one notch so hopefully all goes smoothly and fans enjoy it.

9. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Back to Back.

10. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This !

11. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But then, the only time Juve have won the Champions League (not European Cup) i.e. in 1995/96, it was while wearing their away kit in the final. :sneaky:

Good luck charms and superstition aside, I hope we play to our strengths, defend well and make the most of the chances we get. But most of all, I hope we win no matter what. This team truly deserves a double, after going through all that they have suffered this season (in terms of breaking/equaling multiple records in spite of a number of injury issues).

Mimadridsta and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Bavarian King

Bavarian King Red Card

Bayern München
    Germany
    Apr 12, 2017
    Interesting note: Juve have ONLY won the champions league final against teams defending their title. They beat defending champs Liverpool in 85 and defending champs Ajax in 96.

History is against you guys with no team winning the CL back to back. Not to mention they eliminated you guys back in 03, 05, and 15. At this point Juventus are your true bestia negra. MSN couldn't score a single goal in 180 minutes against this side, so I can't see how you lot will do anything.

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point, for this game, I'm pretty sure no Madrid supporter here cares about MSN or what they could or could not do, as for the rest of your post, well, we'll see won't we.

S1na, Aimar 21, manofsteel and 14 others repped this.
  14. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not all of history is against us. The last time Juventus beat Monaco in the CL SF and met Real Madrid in the CL final, Real Madrid won (97/98).

Scoring goals is also a lot more dependent on the quality of the midfield in question, and its not like our forward line is weak by any means. Not to mention that we have not gone scoreless in 64 games on a trot now. Barcelona also don't have the same level of alternate means to breakdown defences (been that way for this Barcelona team for quite a while now), unlike Real Madrid with our heading prowess or shooting prowess from outside the box. So Juventus' clean sheets against MSN are not exactly the gold standard for determining how we will perform against them from a scoring perspective.

manofsteel repped this.
  15. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Who cares about history ? What's with all this superstitious crap ? The only thing that matters is for us to play our game.

16. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    There have been many things you couldn't see. :rolleyes:
    Also, didn't you post the same on the Juventus board only this time leaving out that Juventus have lost 6 out of their 8 finals? It seems history is with us after all.

Your concern is noted. I hope you also make a note out of this warning of trolling here.

raven3k and Crimson repped this.
  17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    :ROFLMAO: Muppet , fnck off !

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hahahahha. So obvious.

19. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Plus msn hasn't scored for so many consecutive games like we have so what is the msn compared to our squad and the best scorrer this planet has ever seen?

20. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Get hyped!

raven3k, RMSocrates and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  21. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Hope to see:

Navas
    Dani - Varane - Sergio - Marcelo
    Case
    Luka - Toni
    Isco
    Benz - Ronaldo​

Bale/Asensio/Kova later in the game for Benz/Isco/Luka or Toni. If Dani can't go 90 or 120 minutes, Nacho over Danilo as his sub.

Hala Madrid y nada mas!

22. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My preferred line-up:

In Attack -
    Navas
    Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo
    Casemiro
    Modric Kroos
    Isco
    Ronaldo Bale​

In Defence -
    Navas
    Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo
    Casemiro
    Isco Modric Kroos Bale
    Ronaldo​

Juventus have a not so quick defence considering that most of it is aging, and thus if Bale is fit (very important), IMO he would be much better in taking advantage of their lack of pace than Benzema. And especially if played with Marcelo on the left wing, he would also help keep Dani Alves pushed back, since Allegri would probably request Alves to do so to contain this double threat. In defence too, Bale would be better than Benzema since he could also tuck-in on the left wing and with Isco doing the same on the right, it would allow us defend with in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Casemiro shielding the back 4 and Ronaldo free up front. We played a similar lineup in that impressive 0-3 win against a very similar to this Juventus, Atletico side, during our away game against them in la liga. Though there offensively, we played a 4-3-3 which then became a 4-1-4-1 in defence, with Vasquez on the right and Kovacic for Casemiro and Isco for Kroos in the center of midfield. Here offensively, the 4-4-2 diamond would probably be a lot more conducive to linking up our midfield and attack and will allow Isco and Bale to shine in their favourite positions as well, not to mention that with Isco playing the link-up role, having Bale in place of Benzema should not result in any loss on that front.

We can then substitute in Benzema and Kovacic later on for Bale and Kroos, if we are winning and want to play keep-ball. If not, we can go with Morata and James instead, to provide a more direct goal/assist threat. Asensio could be the 3rd substitue in either case IMO.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My wife was talking to her twin on the phone and she turned around and asked me what are you doing next Saturday, I said don't you dare make plans. I am watching the CL final. Short of a threesome, don't even bother to offer me whatever the 2 of you are planning. And even then.....

She told her twin never mind :ROFLMAO:

Aimar 21, manofsteel, Xehanort and 18 others repped this.
  24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid TV were just showing the full match of the 98 final in Amsterdam which I'd only seen highlights of before. Hope we can watch replays of this years final with fond memories in the future.

I trust the boys will get it done.

raven3k, Zidane05 and Shay Z repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We will be well rested, focused and motivated. If Isco starts, which seems very likely.... we have a good chance to win.

raven3k and Digital repped this.