Juventus vs. Napoli @Allianz Stadium - Matchday 7

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    But honestly, hope is all that we have, not expectations, for the expectations are mad and unreal. I still think that people who wanted Sarri to stay(and I was and even am one of them) sort of misunderstood the main issue at hand. What we need is mentality more than anything else, and Carlo really might have been the right choice for a change in that sphere. Sarri was and is wonderful but he was rather technical than spiritual, if you get my drift.
    The more I watch football the more I think that the winning mentality that Juve have is one of the most deciding factors, as well as the players that they own and can pay for. I mean, Ronaldo's salary is repugnant, unkind, and foolish, a reflection of our society of madness within the bounds of which we simply cannot compare with Juve. We have to counter them with our team work, our hard work, and our group full of hope and healthy desire. Carlo needs to give them faith and versatility, the latter being the second very important thing that we need. We simply cannot play Callejon in every game.

To me Sarri was a master of the technical stuff, him being a banker prior to becoming a coach is probably one of the reasons, as well as his nature. But he was also rather inventive and conservative at the same time, which might seem to one as a paradox of massive proportions, yet it does not have to be so. He revolutionized football, most definitely, but I personally would have liked him to experiment more after he had achieved the revolution.

But as one of my arguments is that we have to wait and see how he does with Chelsea long-term, for I have kind of succumbed to the belief that him using the same system with the same players can become stale and readable over time, and this specific argument needs time to be either refuted or supported, though still in the realm of uncertainty, a bit. So far I have really enjoyed the journey with Carlo, giving him time and space to do his thing. I like his philosophy, there is more justice in it for all the other players in our team and if he can pull off finishing second against Juve with Ronaldo his first season with us, who can complain? Moreover, using more players! There are no guarantees that one more season with Sarri would have given us victory if he had stayed, and though I do not want to defend DL, if only because of the fact that I find his frequent statements frequently irritating, I can see how he had envisioned success with more than just 11 players, before he decided to choose Carlo for the job, of course.

There are many hidden things, perhaps the old fox even has it in him to feel bad for buying players just to make them sleep on the bench, feeling bad for them rather than himself, because under Sarri sitting was kind of useless. I don't judge easily and I don't know easily, that's all.

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I don't have a good feeling about this coming game against Liverpool to be honest They are a top team that can challenge at the top of European football ( UCL semi-finalist last year ). Unless our boys significantly up their game.