Juventus vs Barca Champions League 2015 Finals

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Lonecai, May 16, 2015.

1. Lonecai

Lonecai Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Juventus vs Barca Champions League 2015 Finals: Who's Got the Edge?

The 2015 Champions League final will be played on Saturday 6 June at Berlin's Olympiastadion. The game will kick off at 7.45pm.

[​IMG]

Barcelona are already there, after overcoming Bayern Munich 5-3 on aggregate in the semi-final. Barca will be the 'away team' in the final, and will face Juventus, who beat Real Madrid 3-2 on aggregate.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Juventus would have to face a whole new different monster, and a three-headed one at that, with Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez. The "MSN Trio" combined for 114 goals this season, according to EuroSport.com.

[​IMG]

The Old Lady has some proven reliables, as well. The firepower of this Juventus team should provide their counterpart a run for their money with the combination of Paul Pogba, Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, Alvaro Morata, and Claudio Marchisio.

The two squads have not had too many encounters in the past. As per NESN, the Italians got the better of their Spanish counterpart in European soccer's elite competitions with a 3-2 head-to-head match-up result. In the Champions League (or formerly European Cup) the two teams were tied.

[​IMG]

As for the winning pedigree, Barcelona will be playing in its eighth championship on Europe's biggest stage, and they were crowned Champions League kings in 2009 and 2011. Juventus, on the other hand, has two Champions League titles, three in Europa league, and two Super Cup, as per UEFA.com. These two clubs are two of the most elite teams in Europe, both having a winning tradition.

[​IMG]

There are plenty reasons why a Juventus-Barca head-to-head collision could be just as exciting as the Spanish classico would have been. The most notable side shows would include the matchup between Neymar and Pogba, two compeers in their generation, which could make for an exciting preview of a showdown between the two greatest players in the near future -- comparable only to a Messi-Ronaldo tiff, the ESPN FC Asia notes.

Another matchup to watch out for should include Iniesta versus Pirlo, if only to get mesmerized by their mastery of the ball on the field. Also, to be included in your viewing itinerary would be Suarez facing off against his haunting past with Evra and Chiellini around. It's also interesting to note that both Buffon and Pirlo would make their return trip to the very same place where the two Italian National squad team mates were instrumental in La Squadra Azzurra's drubbing of team France for the 2006 FIFA World Cup title in Germany.

[​IMG]

And, then there is the Messi-Tevez meet-up; the pair was should-have-been teammates for Argentina National Squad during the last World Cup had Tevez not been cut from the lineup. Now, all these should give every football junkies a lot of reason to be glued to their seats come June 6th, when the two elite squads figure in the final clash in Berlin's Olympiastadion.
    Read more
    Who do you think has got the edge in this year's Champions League finals? Take your pick.

2. Lonecai

Lonecai Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Suarez is likely to be up against former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, whose allegations of racism against Uruguayan caused an ongoing feud while he was at Liverpool, and Georgio Chiellini, the Italian defender bitten by Suarez during last summer's World Cup.

3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't forget Barzagli was also part of the 2006 World Cup winning team in Berlin

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so does anyone dare to pick Juventus as winners??

from what i see around is everyone is so sure Barca will win, which is pretty funny to me. At this stage you cant ever be sure of anything and if you know anything about Juventus you would know they can beat any team. So i like to see a good deep analysis of what experts think of this game and who would win. yea sure barca got MSN, bla bla....but Juve is lethal with Tevez-Morata as well and the midfielders AND defenders are capable of scoring easily. All 4 of vidal-pogba-pirlo-marchisio have a consistent goal tally every year and chiellini, bonucci not only score headers but they can shoot, bicycle kick, dribble, etc....lol....so yea plenty of places goals can come from.

whats funny is i see a lot of people saying Juve will park the bus, but its funny because they never do that, its not their style. And furthermore, who the hell does that as a game plan in a Final ? you come to a Final to win, not to hope for a draw or penalties.

5. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    No play-by-play commentary here?

Wow, Barcelona ahead already with 3 and a half minutes!

6. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crush them barca

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    29 minutes in, boring as hell. Can barely keep myself awake.

8. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a feeling that juve will pull out similar game as against us.if barca does not score they might concede and all would be open

9. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahahah messi purposely dribbles vudal to piss him off.ahhah

10. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Juve very disorganized throughout the entire first half.

11. TBG - King

TBG - King Member

Jun 2, 2015
    I called the result.

It was harder than I expected but I called it :D

Congatulations to all Cules.

12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Barcelona... but.... can they do it on a cold, rainy night at Stoke City? .... that is the question!

Dr. Know repped this.
  13. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    probably not but who cares

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That quote was just about Messi. Can he do it? :p

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  15. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one that hates stadiums with running tracks? They're bad for the fans.
    [​IMG]

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm could question, but I guess if Bojan could do it, so could Messi....