Juventus 2018/19 Serie A Season Thread for August [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 14, 2018.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Alex Sandro gave the ball away like 800 times today, he really needs to bring back his form from 2 years ago cause he's just been terrible ever since

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still an overall good game, Ronaldo with an assist, the guy will play 90 minutes hard, I like his mentality of always working to score, even when the rest of the team after 2-0 is content to just pass around.

Bernadeshi played well for one half, he fades away a lot but he had a good game.
    Pjanic goal was good and Mario showing us he is very reliable. I hope Dybala watches how they play and improve his game plan when he plays probably next week.

Matuidi played hard and played well.

3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If he doesn't by the end of this season, we will regret not selling him last summer.

I was such a huge fan of his during his first season, but enough is enough: three years is plenty of time for him to get his act together.

gumbacicc repped this.
  4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We are reincorporating Bonucci into the starting XI; have the massive presence of Ronaldo to integrate into the system; and have to break in Cancelo and Can. It's only natural we have some growing pains. The important thing is that we have won two of two despite the suboptimal displays.

scirea6 repped this.
  5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Same to did turn the ball over a good deal, but he was also put in some very tough positions since Allegri clearly wants the team to build from the back as often as possible.

Overall it was a good performance. This team will be at another level by the second half of the year. Until then, their strength and depth will win them nearly all their games despite not being at their peak.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Have to say that if BonBon plays like he did on Saturday every week the fans are going to calm down about him.

He does add another dimension to our attack going forward that we lacked last year. Plus he dose seem to be working hard to reintegrate himself to the team and is keeping his head down.

BTW, looks like Roberto Peryera has finally turned into the poor man's Vidal we are hoping he would be here until he violated the 1 crashed Ferrari Rule.

7. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Yah he's had a gr8 start to the season, scored a banger in his first game.

Was upset to see him go, liked him during his his first season......

scirea6 repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't score the goal in the first game, it was an own goal. Replays showed it go off the Chievo players head into the goal.

9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Was talking about Pereyra bro :D

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    calabrese8 repped this.
  12. JuniorOcampos

JuniorOcampos New Member

Celtic
    Mexico
    Jul 16, 2018
    Never gonna be the same ;)

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Bonucci will never be thought of by the support the same he was before he left (and for good reason). However, displays such as we saw the other day from him are steps in the right direction. The bottom line is we all want what's best for the club and to ultimately win the Champions League. I don't think having a significant portion of the supporters at odds with Bonucci helps in that regard.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think its great that the curva is giving him a bit of a heel treatment to start the season. Maybe it will light a fire under his culo to want to prove his worth and have a monster year

Falc repped this.
  15. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    I could care less about Bonucci leaving and rejoining.

Why take these things personally? He’s back on Juve so we should hope he does well for the sake of the team.

16. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone wants him to play well for the sake of the team. Doesn't mean we have to like the snake.

phat repped this.
  17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agreed. I'm not a Cristiano Ronaldo fan by any means... but for the sake of the team and hopefully a champions league I want him to play well this year.

phat, gumbacicc and JuniorOcampos repped this.